Trying to Get Pregnant

Kidney Stones anyone?

Hello! I lurk here every day and only post every so often. We are going on our 10 month ttc and this cycle has been pretty messed up... long story short I had more than my normal amount of spotting this month and Monday it turned to bright red thin blood (TMI I know..) yesterday I got worried and went to an urgent care facility just because I knew I wouldn't get an appt. any where else and that this wasn't something normal for me... well even after I told him I'm not supposed to start until next week and I took a preg. test before I came, he proceeded to take a urine sample which came back negative (total cost $40) Well after telling me the blood is in my urine as well he pressed on my stomach which wasn't hurting until he did that... he then tells me he believes I have a kidney stone, to go home and drink plenty of water... well the bleeding stopped last night and is just pink now... well to sum things up... curious if anyone has bled out from kidney stones, not just in your urine but enough to have to use a tampon?

Thanks girls!

Re: Kidney Stones anyone?

• Oh and my ticker is messed up, haven't changed it from last month, not suppose to start until next week.
  • I have some kidney problems, and I'd like to point out your big problem here.

Tampons go in your V, kidney stones would affect your urine, which exits through the urethra.  If you're using a tampon, it's NOT the kidney stones.

And I've bled from kidney stones and from a kidney infection.  Did they test for infection?

The PG test, though, that's standard.  No matter how many times I tell them I'm not PG, and even if I came straight from a kidney U/S where the womb is obvious, they'd still conduct one.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemymee:

I have some kidney problems, and I'd like to point out your big problem here.

Tampons go in your V, kidney stones would affect your urine, which exits through the urethra.  If you're using a tampon, it's NOT the kidney stones.

And I've bled from kidney stones and from a kidney infection.  Did they test for infection?

The PG test, though, that's standard.  No matter how many times I tell them I'm not PG, and even if I came straight from a kidney U/S where the womb is obvious, they'd still conduct one.

Well I actually use a liner, not a tampon, but when checking my CM that it where the blood is originating, which is why I am concerned that this guy didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I had kidney stones twice in the past and the bleeding was only when I urinated... so I didn't know if this was even possible. Guess I should of paid more attention in health class!

•  Oh and he did check for infections and no sign of anything!
  • If you're checking internally for CM, then no, it's not from the kidney stones.  If you're the wipe and check kind of girl, or you're ummmm. . . .not having to go very far internally to check your CM. . . .it could be blood residue from your urine.  My first kidney infection happened right after AF, and I didn't realize the blood had changed where it came from until I started throwing up and got the fever and went in for a urine test. It's a lot easier to see where the blood is coming from if you're actually peeing in a cup.

If you have any sample cups from OPKs lying around, that's an easy way to see where it's coming from.

• MSC03MSC03 member

Are you sure it's not just your period starting early? If it's coming out of your vagina, it's certainly not a kidney infection?

imageimage
  • Something seems very wrong with this picture. Did he refer you to a urologist? Did he give you any pain meds? Do you have a follow up with ANYONE?

• imageM.Monkey.:

Something seems very wrong with this picture. Did he refer you to a urologist? Did he give you any pain meds? Do you have a follow up with ANYONE?

Yeah, I didn't even think about this.  The ER called in a referral to the urologist for the next day when I went in for mine to make sure there wasn't anything big.  And when DH got a kidney stone, they made him go in for xrays (but, his dad has a bad history of stones, so that's probably why there).

Pain meds are a must for passing a stone, too - and I'm pretty sure you need a u/s or xray to determine if that's the real reason. 

•  Ok well first I do not believe this is the start of my period ... I know I know.... no one is "normal" all the time, but it was bright red thin blood, and it seemed to drip **GROSS I KNOW**  I always have really thick periods and once they arrive that is it... like I said my ticker is messed up but I was 8 dpo when this started, no cramping or any af related symptoms.

I always get really bad back pain with my kidney stones and nothing like that... I do check internally for my cm which is why this confused me so much. Of course when a dr. tells you something you want to believe they know what they are talking about but it was almost like he didn't have a clue so he just through that out there.  He did not refer me to follow up with anyone didn't send me for an ultrasound of the kidney like they always have done in the past....

Like I said I'm not thinking you guys can figure this out for me, I def. need to go to another dr if this starts again (Like I said just pink now) but I was curious the girls that have kidney stones what there experience was in the past with the bleeding.

• I think the two might just happen to be coinciding with each other.

If you've had Kidney stones before, I would think you'd have a pretty good idea of how they should be handled.

• I never had them, I know my mom has - she has been in lots of pain from them - I hope you feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had kidney stones before (back in 2002).  There was blood detected in my urine, but not enough to be visible.  Ditto pp about kidney stone blood coming out of your urethra, not your vag.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"