Pregnant after 35
Options

Long night but better day

Yesterday I was having on and off cramps in my back that would spread to my sides. So doc told me when i got home to rest, drink lots of water and to come in this morning for a cervix measurement u/s.

So I get home and there is something horribly wrong with one of our dogs. She can't stand up or walk she just falls over. We live out in the country and she has free roam of 60 acres but she is good and usually stays close to home so I was a mess. Neighbor came over and loaded her up for me and off we went to the vet. $300 and 2 1/2 hours later they think she injested some kind of toxin, no idea what but they loaded her tummy with charcoal and gave her shots of anti inflammatory meds. Needless to say I did not get much rest. She is doing much better this morning. She can stand and walk gingerly without falling on her face. Hopefully she will make a full recovery.

U/s this morning was good. Cervix was closed up tight and she was now head down, playing with her toes. The last u/s 2 weeks ago they were only about 80-90% sure of a girl because of the way she was positioned but there was absolutely no question today she is definately a girl.

So I am really looking forward to an evening of rest. Of course that will be after I get all the chores done I did not do last night plus tonights.

Re: Long night but better day

• Options

Wow! ?What a night. ?I am so glad your dog is getting better. ?I hate when things like that happen. ?Mine are like my children so it really upsets me when they get sick.

Congrats on everything looking good and big congrats on your girl!! ?Don't beat yourself up on the chores too much. ?You will eventually get them done. ?Definitely get your rest!!?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear your dog is doing better. Definiltey put yourself above your chores and get some rest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What a scare!  I'm glad your dog is feeling better.  I lost a cat about 10 years ago to a neighbor's rat poison.  :(

I'm also glad you got another good look at your baby girl!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"