Blended Families
Options

Just FYI: Anyone with parental alienation syndrome issues:

This is a great website DH and I found. Unfortunately for us, the boys fit into the moderate to severe category and BM is what is known as an "obsessed alienator" - Lots of good info though for anyone going through this whether it's a BM, BF, even a step-parent or grandparent.

https://www.paskids.com/

Re: Just FYI: Anyone with parental alienation syndrome issues:

• Options

SNAP:  I watched a re run of Dr. Phil last night and it was about PAS so I googled it and found this site today also.  It a very controversial topic and it may not be recognized in your state as legit so don't pin all your hopes on it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Most states don't recognize this as an actual syndrome and therfore it can't be used in any legal matters.  It has to be in the DSM before it will ever hold weight in court cases.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Actually Karma this is the angle I was looking at it from also.  Despite it not being in the DSM it has and is being accepted in courts in certain states in the US, actually only Fl and Il I think and ONLY in connection with child custody hearings.

They have flat out rejected it in Britain so I know it wont fly in Ireland.

• Options
    imagePhantomgirl:

Actually Karma this is the angle I was looking at it from also.  Despite it not being in the DSM it has and is being accepted in courts in certain states in the US, actually only Fl and Il I think and ONLY in connection with child custody hearings.

You believe this is accepted in Florida? I hope you're right, because we are definitely dealing with an obsessed alienator and we go back to court this summer.
  • Options

Well I should have said for those who are able to bring the issue up in court then. We can because it's actually in DH's CO that neither parent alienate the children from the other parent or talk about them, etc in a negative matter and where our case is concerned, it is a legit thing that the court system takes into consideration.

Our attorney said we have more than enough proof to make it an issue from emails, to text messages to the latest voicemail with oldest SS cussing DH out and acting JUST like BM would (except BM has a cease & desist against her right now) so she puts one of the kids up to her dirty work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"