Stay at Home Moms

I confess...

I HATE STAYING AT HOME.....okay, so I am officially a SAHW because the baby is not born but I want to shoot myself. It has been almost a month and I hate it. I dream about work (and all the perks that go along with it). I am even considering going to live in PHX with my mom so I can go back to work and leave my husband in this one horse town for the next few month. I am going crazy in this house......Advice please?

Re: I confess...

• I've been both and being a PG SAHW is the polar opposite of being a SAHM. I say enjoy the quiet while you can! Cook, read, go out, relax, garden, go swimming, anything -take advantage of your free time. If that means visiting family, go for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you on bedrest? If not, why not start volunteering or get involved in your community in some way? Staying home with a baby is very different from staying home without. I was a teacher before becoming a SAHM, and while I loved my summers, I also got bored. I just had to make things to do -- find places to go, tasks to do, etc. Now that the baby is here, I have no trouble keeping busy, but I still like to have something planned each day, like errands or playgroups or whatever.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Having lived in a one-horse town, I feel for you.  There's not a lot of stuff going on that you can get involved in.  But, like pp's have said, you should try to make the most of your relative freedom while it lasts.  Stock up on everything you will need for the baby.  Learn how to make your own baby food.  Get lots of sleep.  Rent all the movies you can.  As the time gets closer, make a month's worth of meals to freeze for when your DC comes home.  Learn a skill that you could possibly turn into a WAH job.

After your DC is born, if it's still horribly dull to you, have the conversation with your DH about moving back to somewhere you can work.  Not everybody likes staying at home, and you should be fullfilled in what you do in life.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegatogrrl:

Having lived in a one-horse town, I feel for you.  There's not a lot of stuff going on that you can get involved in.  But, like pp's have said, you should try to make the most of your relative freedom while it lasts.  Stock up on everything you will need for the baby.  Learn how to make your own baby food.  Get lots of sleep.  Rent all the movies you can.  As the time gets closer, make a month's worth of meals to freeze for when your DC comes home.  Learn a skill that you could possibly turn into a WAH job.

After your DC is born, if it's still horribly dull to you, have the conversation with your DH about moving back to somewhere you can work.  Not everybody likes staying at home, and you should be fullfilled in what you do in life.  Good luck!

I, too feel your pain, having been born & raised in a VERY small town and I'm sorry but hope you can find some things to occupy your time!  I agree 100% with everything she said above - I'm sure it's insane for you to think this way but you will seriously dream about all this free time you have NOW after your baby arrives!  Take advantage and good luck!  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"