Pregnant after 35
Options

I think we have lift off...

Alright ladies.    I *kind* of slept, every once in a while feeling something and thinking HUH HUH HUH!?   IS THIS IT? 

.. but woke up at 5, and thought - right, if it is it, this is my last chance for a shower and a hair wash for 4 days... (I've got the coarse curly hair that gets a washing twice a week at best, and man was I due.    Last time i was caught off guard and my head SUFFERED for the timing of the hair washing LOL!) so I hopped in the shower, put away laundry (the nesting just doesn't stop), cleaned up Maggie's room, put the last of the stuff away in the nursery, cleaned up our room, made the bed, dried my hair, made Maggie's lunch etc....  wasn't really feeling much...

DH stayed home, so I had my coffee & breakfast (he made me french toast - so that got him a few points this morning... hahah slight aside, I just said to Ms. Maggie who is in a new outfit "you look so cute I could pee my pants."   DH said "you probably will in a little while... "  nice. ), dried my hair, put on some make up, and  lay down on the couch to close my eyes for a few mins..

... then it happened.   No no - water is still where it should be for now, but I had my thumping start again... and I'm *actually* feeling contractions now.   They're not too close together, and they don't feel "strong" but for ME, just feeling them is huge.

So.   We're dropping Ms. Maggie at school, calling the doc's office and saying we're coming in so they can check me out.    i think it's pretty likely that we'll head to the hospital from there (across the way).

Fingers crossed ladies!    I'll keep you all posted and i ADORE you for all your humor and support :)

Christine

Re: I think we have lift off...

• Options
    Oooh Oooh!!  Good luck - I'll be thinking of you today
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thinking good thoughts! Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Woo Hoo!!!  You'd better make your hubby log in as you?if you don't have a computer at the hospital?to update! I'm going away on Saturday morning and want to go away knowing Charlotte is here!

Many hugs and best to you!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    How exciting!  Good luck!  I hope this is it and all goes well during labor and you have a great delivery.  We can't wait to hear any updates you can give us!
  • Options

Christine,

Good luck!  Hope you end up going from the doctor's office to the hospital.  Wishing you a speedy labor!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yah!  Good luck!
  • Options
    Yeah!!! I was just thinking of you this morning and was going to ask how you are doing.  I am so happy for you. Keep us posted!!!
  • Options
    Oh, how exciting!  You don't sound nervous at all!  Please try to keep us posted -- anxious to hear all about it!
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    M.AmyM.Amy member
    Oh my goodness good luck!! Is your complete calmness the product of this being your second child? I can only hope I am a 1/3 as composed as you are!!!
  • Options

YAY!!!!  OMG - we love you and we are hoping for a quick and painless delivery and recovery .....  best of luck to you today!!!

FYI - you BETTER make hubby write something to let us know how wonderful you're doing!  :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck Christine!! I can't believe how organized you have been through all of this. I can only hope that I can do half the job that you have without freaking out!! Please let us know as soon as you can how things went!! {{{Hugs}}}
  • Options

Oh I am so happy for you! Lots of positive contraction vibes coming your way!

• Options
    holy guacamole, chica I'am so excited for you, no slip n slide for you this time across the kitchen floor, tell your dh to please keep us posted, good luck hun (hugs)
  • Options
    Aw sweetie, I am soo happy for you.  GL and I will be thinking about you!
  • Options
    YAY!  Oh, I'm so excited for you and your family!!! Sending good vibes all goes smoothly - can't wait to hear an update!!!
  • Options

How exciting! I hope this is the real thing for you! I woke up this morning wondering if today was your day (for real... not sure why, but I did, and I was a tad bit jealous).

We can't wait for an update. Take care of yourself and enjoy your freshly washed locks :)

• Options

woop woop!

You crack me up. Even during contractions, you're keepin us informed and crackin us up!

I think it's D-Day!

Can't wait to hear the good news!

Kari 

• Options
    PeskyPesky member
    Congrats!!!!!  Hope all goes well!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    This is so exciting!  Cant' wait to hear how things go!!!!
  • Options

Yeah!  Good luck and update when you can Big Smile

Michele

• Options
    Good luck
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm all kinds of excited about this news, but I saw another post about a shooting request so I'll just cross my fingers and look at that one...
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"