Pregnant after 35
Options

My husband is going to drive me crazy!

He is insisting I call the doctor to ask what precautions to take for the swine flu! ?First of all - we live in Florida - there have been no confirmed cases here. ?Plus - it's being a little sensationalized at this point, in my opinion. ?I work in an office where I'm alone the majority of the time - I do not interact with the public. ?AND - I have my degree in nursing (even though I'm not currently working as one), so I know what precautions to take - wash my hands regularly, use hand sanitizer, avoid coughing into my hands, touching my nose and eyes. ?I GET IT - there is nothing new the doctor is going to tell me! ?And he's actually getting upset with me! ?He says "This isn't just about you". ?I am NOT going to call the doctor about this - it's ridiculous!

UGH!!! I love my husband dearly, but he is overreacting right now!!!

Vent over....?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My husband is going to drive me crazy!

• Options
    aww the man is concerned for your well being, tell him to take a chill pill and relax, I watched the news this morning and there has been already been 1 death a child I believe, it's so sad, but at the same time they tell us not to worry, yeah right!
  • Options
    I can see how that could drive you crazy but it is so sweet how protective he is being! ?My DH is being overprotective too and I am only at 6 weeks! ?Maybe you could just call the doc's office and talk to the front desk person. ?That way you "tried" and you and the person on the phone can get a chuckle out of the over protective Dad!! ?=]
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know, I know....he's actually very sweet - I forwarded him an email from the Florida Department of Health that pretty much outlined everything I had told him.  He was good with that an apologized for getting upset with me this morning. 

It is scary - if I wasn't pregnant I probably wouldn't even be concerned at all about it.  We're flying to NC in September and I told him I'd be wearing a mask on the plane regardless because I ALWAYS get sick after flying.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad the DoH page placated him. It's sweet that he's concerned but that would drive me nuts too. You're not alone - when my regular doc put me on amoxicilan, DH made me call the OB just to confirm.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you.  We are flying to SC on the 16th and between my husband & my mother, I am going to scream.  He wants to drive instead - 10 hours each way!  Mom is basically wanting me to travel in a HazMat suit. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"