High-Risk Pregnancy

Any GD Mamas who received the steroid shots?

I was dx with GD at week 29 and the last couple ultrasounds (I go weekly, now upped to bi-weekly) ?have shown the baby has pretty significant IUGR(baby is measuring at 2lbs 4 oz at 32 weeks) as well as fluid on the low side (it's been around 7-8...not horrible, but not great). ?Just to be on the safe side, I got the steroid shots yesterday and will get another today. ?My dinner number was 199 and I got up to go to the bathroom around 4am and took it just to see my fasting. ?Well, it's 124. ?I usually run between 60-75 or so on the fasting and I have NEVER had a number quite like 199! ?It scared the he!! out of me, and I'm certainly not happy with this fasting number! ?Has anyone experienced higher numbers while receiving these shots? ?Thanks so much!

Oh, and as if all this isn't bad enough, these shots burn like you wouldn't believe :)?

BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Any GD Mamas who received the steroid shots?

• that's normal for the shot to raise your numbers. when i got the shots they didn't even bother taking my sugars those two days because the nurses warned me that would happen.
  • Sounds totally normal to me.  I would still call and let them know what happened but I'm surprised they didn't warn you. 
    DS1 June 12, 2009
    DS2 May 19, 2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They had be sit out a 72 hour period with no testing from the time of the first shot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They warned me when I got the shots that it would totally mess with my blood sugars for 2-3 days and it did. I don't have problems with my fasting numbers and when i was in for the shots my fasting was 124. Thankfully since I was prepared, I didn't let it bother or worry me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"