Georgia Babies

Disney?

When did Disney World tickets get to be $75?????? I have talked DH into leaving a few days early for our beach vacation in June and hitting Disney for a day with the boys...but I about had a heart attack when I saw the ticket prices! Luckily my bil lives in FL and he can get us the FL resident price of $67 and both boys are free...but my goodness!!!
Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08

Re: Disney?

• Oh, and that is for a one park only ticket.  A park hopper to go to another park is $100.  It is CRAZY.

My brother works there so we go for free.  I told him he had to stay for at least 12-years to get it our of our kids' systems. 

• This is why we always buy the maximum number of days + the no expiration feature so I think it usually comes out to around $45 a day.  The last time we actually bought tickets was 3 years ago- we bought a 10 day park hopper/no expiration and we've been using the same one ever since.  We have one day left which we will be using in June for DH's birthday trip for the Star Wars weekend.  This works well for us since we usually just do quick weekend trips.

• Loading the player...
  • It's insane isn't it?  I took my DH for his bday this year because he had never been and he got in free but I still had to pay.  I think after taxes and fees it was close to $90.  It always amazes me how people take thier entire families to Disney for weeks at a time... can't imagine how much money they are spending!
  • Ha.  We just got back from Disney and 3, 5-Day park hoppers were $800mothereffingdollars. 
  • But worth every penny!!!  I will email ya some tips.  We have been so many times I can't count.  My parents took us there at least twice a year growing up.  They still go by themselves.  I hope Chris likes it so he can convince Brad to go.  Brad said only with a beer helmet fully loaded.
  • LOL Carrie! Chris and I actually have had more fun going as adults (before we had kids!) Tell Brad to go to Disney, then you will take him to Epcot for a tour (and beverage) around the world...Margarita in Mexico...Wine in Italy...Champagne in France...Beer in England....always a good time!
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • imageslwprincess:
    This is why we always buy the maximum number of days + the no expiration feature so I think it usually comes out to around $45 a day.  The last time we actually bought tickets was 3 years ago- we bought a 10 day park hopper/no expiration and we've been using the same one ever since.  We have one day left which we will be using in June for DH's birthday trip for the Star Wars weekend.  This works well for us since we usually just do quick weekend trips.

This is the way it used to be in the good 'ol days. When I was growing up, my dad would buy each of us a 5 day pass and it would last a couple of years because they never expired....those were the days! That is definitely the way to do it, though, or buy the packages (or the new birthday deal).

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Try mousesavers.com and do the magic your way tickets.  We are going in June and I am so happy we will get the military discount so Noah will be free and than we can buy 5 tickets for $124 for 5 days with park hopper!  It was going to be over $2000 for 9 of us to go.  Maggie is still free.  so the other 3 tickets will be for the kids at $179 for 5 days.  Good luck and I have a ton of info if you want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"