Houston Babies

Teething questions...

Well, last night Baby B pulled his first official all-nighter.  He has definitely been in rare form lately, but this is our first sleep issue - ever.  Right now I can see one speck of one tooth coming in.  So, basically, I want to know how long teething lasts.  Should I anticipate that we won't do much sleeping until all of his teeth have come in or are there long breaks between teeth?  I don't know what to expect, but this is definitely our biggest challenge so far. Last night his longest stretches of sleep were one one-hour stretch and one two-hour stretch.  He's also not eating much.  Any stories or advice will be so helpful.  I just don't know what to do...

Re: Teething questions...

• Joe is 15 months and he has had teeth popping in every month for about 8 months now....and it takes a few sleepless nights for each tooth to make its first initial appearance. Molars have been the worse because they have 4 points that have to pop through instead of one......He is VERY sensitive to teething though and freaks out when each one comes through.....hang in there. We have 9 left to go.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ditto MGR.  The final teeth are two year molars.  Depending on your kiddo they may come in fast or really slow.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Every baby is different.   DS has been working on the bottom two for over 4 months.  Every day I've thought...this is the day!  But it never is, until recently when they actually have begun, very slowly to break the skin.  Some kiddos can cut a bunch at once.  And I always remember, sometimes it's not even something you can see because the teeth have to make it up through bone before they ever get through the gums.  That can't feel good. 

I am all too familiar with getting one to two hour stretches of sleep a night.  Many nights, that's all I got.  At night when it's really bad, I'll give motrin.  Some say teething tablets help, but it only worked for us as a preventative and ultimately not at all.  I also give DS a sippy with a little ice cold water in it every afternoon and he loves it. 

Hang in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"