South Florida Babies

Infants in swimming pool

Some of you made some wonderful suggestions in Mari's post about beach weekend getaways.  I would be very interested to know if your babies were able to go swimming in the hotel pools of the places suggested. 

I have taken notice that at some public pools they have posted that no swim diapers are allowed.  I know when I looked at cruises, this was the case and just assumed it was also the case at most hotels and resorts.  When they explained it was an OSHA issue, it made sense but I know I have seen babies in public pools before.

We are always up for weeknd getaways and lounging in the pool with Kendall would make us so happy...so, just wanted to hear from others that the hotels aren't as strict as the cruiselines were.

Thanks!

Re: Infants in swimming pool

• When I used to take Diego as an infant to a?swimming?pool he would wear a?diaper?cover up that is specially for pool and beach. It holds the poo which is the main concern due to illness like hepatitis and also you wouldn't want to swallow poo... :).

?

• I think that large chain hotels and cruises enforce this a lot more than condo, small hotels.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We took Nicholas the Marco Island Marriott and they had a sign posted stating that all babies MUST wear a swim diaper. I think you are misreading the websites.
  • My son has been swimming in public pools of all kinds, with the exception of a cruise ship, for three years in a swim diaper and I've never had a problem.  I've actually never heard of a place not allowing a swim diaper and was surprised by your post.  Not to sound like a snob but he's swam at a lot of resorts as well, I've only ever heard of them requiring one.
  • I was actually quite surprised as well - only because I can't imagine an infant swimming without one.  I did double check and am sure that at my mother's community pool in her association it specifically states no swim diapers allowed.  Like I said - I never really took notice before and was kind of shocked.  Her community is a family based association - so there are babies there - but maybe it's just not strictly enforced.

Thanks for your replies - and I apprecaite the honesty.  We haven't gone to any public pools yet and I just wanted to hear others experiences.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"