Working Moms
Options

Pumping and Working moms CHECK IN !

Has there been one of these in a while?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pumping and Working moms CHECK IN !

• Options
    It's been a long time since I've seen one.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I havent seen one in a while and was just wondering about it.

I'm in the homestretch and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Less than 4 weeks of pumping!!!  I'm starting to drop sessions, I'm so excited!  Hope everyone else is doing well!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Luckystar, I'm jealous!!

Who are you pumping for: Connor dob 12/2/08

How long have you been pumping at work? Since 1/23/09

What do you do for work? I'm a pediatric resident

Any funny stories to share for a laugh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Who are you pumping for: Bobby, born July 18

How long have you been pumping at work? Since 10/22/08

What do you do for work? I'm a lawyer

Any funny stories to share for a laugh?  I pump in an empty office on a different floor from mine.  Even with a "please do not disturb sign on the door," an IT guy, who unbeknownst to me stores extra equipment in there, just barged right in while I was pumping a few months ago.  He had no idea I was there and I have never seen anyone that embarrased in my life.  He apologized about 50 times.  The funny part is that even though our IT department is notoriously slow, now I always get IT help immediately when I call! 

• Options
    Luckystar2 -- I am also very jealous!  I have two and a half months to go.  I may need some advice in June or July about dropping sessions.
  • Options

You ladies will be there soon! I remember reading posts of pumpers hitting a year and I was jealous too! Although I love reading them because it gives me encouragement that we can do it!

Who are you pumping for: Evelyn DOB 5/25/08

How long have you been pumping at work? Since 8/18/08

What do you do for work? health research

Any funny stories to share for a laugh?  Hmmm..not really.  I pump in my private office, but not too long ago I completely forgot to close my door all the way when I pumped.  It wasn't wide open, but anybody could have just come in and my desk where I pump is in full view if they did.  Thank goodness nobody did! But I still can't believe I pumped without closing and locking my door!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Who are you pumping for: Madeleine Jane DOB 7/29/2008

How long have you been pumping at work? Since 10/2/2008

What do you do for work? IT manager

Any funny stories to share for a laugh? not really except i work with all guys and only 2 have children and of those two, neither have wives that nurse or pump so they always feel a little strange when I come out of my pumping room. They avoid eye contact...it cracks me up!

• Options

Who are you pumping for: Jaxson 1/26/09

How long have you been pumping at work? Since 3/04/09

What do you do for work? Band director

Any funny stories to share for a laugh? A friend came in while I was pumping yesterday and asked if I had called Ripley's Believe It Or Not about the size of my chest.

• Options

Who are you pumping for: DS#2, Oliver, born 1/3/09

How long have you been pumping at work? Since 2/23/09

What do you do for work? radiology resident

Any funny stories to share for a laugh?  I'm an intern, so I spend the first year of my 5-year residency rotating in specialties that use a lot of imaging (like the ED, ICUs, orthopedics, general surgery); I was sharing a call room with the other gen surg intern last month, who is a really cool guy. I pumped and left it running for awhile to dry out my tubes, which had some condensation. He came up to me with a really funny look all of a sudden and said, in sort of a panic, "i forgot to tell you just now, but you left your pump on!" he was so concerned, so I had to explain that it was intentional. Not sure how funny that is, but it's been interesting doing it in a male-dominated environment. Luckily most have wives and kids!

I've also had multiple pagers going off like every 5 seconds while pumping- I always wonder if they people on the other end of the phone can hear the pump when I call my pages back!?

• Options

Who are you pumping for: Audrey DOB 8/18/08

How long have you been pumping at work? Since 12/1/08

What do you do for work? Chorus Teacher

Any funny stories to share for a laugh? As a teacher, I'm fortunate to have my own office with blinds where I can pump without being disturbed. However, despite the closed blinds, locked door and bright orange "Stop - do not disturb" sign on the door, one of my 7th grade boys knocked and said "Mrs. F" - to which I replied "who is it" and he stated his name and that he had a form for me to sign so he could be on the baseball team. I told him that he would have to come back later. Definitely a bold young man!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"