Blended Families
Options

I have a awwwww moment! :)

Last week I was unable to contribute to the "Friday AWWW posts" but I have something now :)  This past weekend, I was still really upset about not hearing from my SD on Easter or for several weeks.  I sent her an email explaining that we really missed talking to her.  She was also on her Spring Break that week and was supposed to have been to visit us... I also said how disappointed we were that she wasn't down.  I ended the email with "Is everything okay? I love you"

Well - she wrote back a few hours later saying how much she missed us, how hard it was on her that she doesnt get to see us to often, just really misses everyone. She also said that her moms current flavor of the month won't allow her to call long distance. She did apologize for not calling on Easter or letting us know that she wouldnt be visiting for her break - and I told her that I understood about the phone BUT that it was not a justifiable excuse.  She can call us collect. 

So I again wrote back and told her that I didn't know how she was feeling because I've never been in that position but that I hoped that we could talk about (girl to girl) when she was down to visit.  I also assured her that she could always call us collect, etc. And just again told her how much we missed her. 

So then she emails her dad and said "Jess gave me all of her phone numbers!  Dad I really love her and feel like I can talk to her"  <-- so I thought that was really sweet!

So that was my "awwww" for the weekend :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I have a awwwww moment! :)

• Options
    That's a really positive thing you did.  You rock!
  • Options
    yay!!! that is exciting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) I'm trying.  I am trying to think of it like this - if we have a positive relationship and she trusts me, when I remind her of things like Fathers Day, etc.  she won't take it as an insult but as a loving reminder!! So hopefully this is a good first step! :)
  • Options
    It definately qualifies as an awwww moment! Good job! (also good job on standing your ground on letting her know it was unacceptable not to call & there are other options!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"