Birth Stories

Your baby's weight and length at birth...

how much did your baby weigh (lbs. and oz.) and how long (in.) did the baby measure?

how does that compare to the US scans (as to baby being large, small, long, right on track)?

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Your baby's weight and length at birth...

• DS was 5lbs 12oz and 18 inches long.  He was born 3 days before my EDD.  My OB and growth u/s estimated DS to be 7.5 to 8 lbs.
  • DS was born at 6 lbs even and 18.75 in (40 weeks).  A previous growth u/s had him closer to 7 lbs.  I always measured small.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD was 19 1/4 inches and 7 lbs 3 oz.  I didn't have a growth scan.
  • DS was 6lb 8oz and measured 19.5 inches long.

I had a growth scan at 37 weeks and he weight was estimated at 6lb 7oz, so at 40 weeks we thought he would be around 8lbs...

• DS #1 was 7 lbs 7 oz and Dr. guessed around 7.5 so very close!
    DS#2 was 8 lbs 1 oz - no guesses or late ultrasounds.
    Both were approx 20 inches long (sorry can't remember exactly I'm at work).
  • DS- 6 days late, estimated by feel to be 7.5lb.  Was 7lb 13 oz & 22" long.

DD- 8 days late, estimated by u/s the day before she was born to be 9lb 2 oz.  Was 8lb 2oz & 21" long.

• My DS was 6#15 oz 19 3/4 in long.  I think my CNM guessed 7#8oz so a little off, but  I didn't really have any idea how he would be. 
  • My son was born at 9lbs. 3 oz., 22 in.

The US estimated about 8 lbs., but the doctor knew he was bigger than that. They ended up taking him 3 weeks early because he was so big.

• DS was 5lbs and 18 in but was born at 34 weeks. We had US scheduled 3 days later so not sure.

DD was 6lbs 13oz and 20in at 39 weeks. At 34 weeks had an US and they said she would be about 7lbs so it was close.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Dd was born at 35w6d weighing in at 4lbs 13oz and 18ins long.

No estimate was made, but had been measuring on track entire time.

• 9lb.12oz, 23in.  did not have a growth u/s.  complication free pregnancy.  born on her EDD, always measured right on track
  • My DD weighed 8 lbs & 7 Oz & was 19in. long at birth. At her 1st Dr. appt., she was 8 lbs & 4 Oz & 19 3/4in. long. She is average in height but above in weight for her size.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dd was 7lbs 1.3oz....19 1/2 inches long
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"