Cincinnati Babies
Options

Blurred vision/dizzy

I have been seeing lines and been dizzy a few times a day since Sat. It is happening again today. I just called the dr and waiting to hear back if they want me to come in. Anyone else experience this during pregnancy?

Re: Blurred vision/dizzy

• Options
    I did. They will want you to come in because its signs of high blood pressure. Lay on your left side just to be safe. Are you swelling at all?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That doesn't sound good.  I know when I was pregnant last time I was having bad headaches and called about them.  One of the first things they asked about was blurred vision, etc.  I'm glad you called your doc, I think you need to get in and see them right away since you are still experiencing it.  Not to scare you, but it can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia, so don't mess around.  Let us know what your OB says.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I am pretty swollen, I gained 6lbs in 2 weeks. My hands are also numb feeling too when I am typing. I hope they call me back soon. I was googling symptoms and Katie I did see things about pre-eclampsia when I was searching. I just saw the dr. last week and my blood pressure was fine then. My DH is freaking out right now since he is in Austin till Thurs.  
  • Options

When this happened to me, I had perfect blood pressure my entire pregnancy, it just came out of nowhere when I was sitting soundly in a chair at work. Hopefully your doc calls back soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's definitely a good thing you called and it doesn't sound like something you should mess around with, but don't totally freak out! I had this when I was pregnant during the summer with Kady, and my BP was always fine. I was swollen and dizzy and saw stars, and they just told me to rest and drink plenty of water - I guess it was just from heat and overexertion.

• Options

keep us updated and call them back if they don't call you back soon.

Also, not to scare you, but a friend of mine had pre-eclampsia but never had the telltale headache so they delayed her coming in so I might be so bold to request an appointment anyway.

Or, if they are calling your cell phone back, go to the drugstore and have your BP checked.

• Options

Thanks ladies. Alison, yeah that sounds like what I am having as far as symptoms. I will update you guys once I get a call and possibly an appt.

• Options
    I hope it is really nothing, and all you need is some more rest.  Easy to say when your DH is out of town and you have an active daughter at home!  Take care of yourself, I am anxious to hear what the doctor says.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    Yes, keep us posted!
  • Options
    Did you get an appt or hear anything yet?? Please keep us posted
  • Options
    not to scare you but thats exactly the sypmptoms i had from pre-e. please get to the doctor asap! keep the board posted and good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"