Cincinnati Babies
Options

Still measuring 2 weeks ahead...

At 33 weeks I started measuring 2 weeks ahead and last week at my 35 week appt. I was still measuring 2 weeks ahead, so I have an u/s this Wednesday to check on baby's growth.  I know that this can mean a lot of things, but I have had a feeling that my due date was off all along and I've posted about that several times, so I'm a little nervous.  According to the original u/s that was done to date the pregnancy, I am 36 weeks tomorrow but according to when I think my last period was (they were so irregular and so light) then I am already about 38 weeks, which is when I had Ava.  I don't mind if she comes a little early, I'm more nervous about being more pregnant than my MW's think I am and her still being in there when I am getting up there in weeks, so hopefully we can figure all of this out.  Also I am on weekly visits now, so we will see if I am dilated, etc. this week but so far I'm not really having any contractions or anything like I was last time at this point, which is another thing that makes me nervous about possibly being further along--I think she's pretty comfy in there!  Anyway did anyone else start measuring ahead late in pregnancy and have a growth u/s that confirmed it?  Did they change your due date?  Did you still go into labor on your own?
Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

Re: Still measuring 2 weeks ahead...

• Options
    When was your husband supposed to travel? Was that this past week? I guess any of us could go at any time so it is good to be ready. It is kind of strange to be 2 weeks off consistently and they keep refusing to change it. Best of luck and maybe we will be seeing little Charlotte sooner rather than later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

He is already back in town!  :-)

According to my MW's and what I've heard from other people, it's totally normal to measure off once and it can be for any number of things (lots of fluid, the position of the baby, etc.) but since it's been twice now that is why they are doing the u/s this week.  I wouldn't be so nervous about it if I wasn't already so close to being full term.  I wonder what it will mean for delivery, etc.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do know that when I had late u/s in my pregnancy, they were much more general than earlier on. For example, I charted and knew when I ovulated so I knew, to the day, how far along I was. In my early u/s (12 weeks and 21 weeks), the measurements were correct to the day. But once I hit 31 weeks and they realized Leah was going to be a little peanut, they were waaay off. The last u/s I had was on the day I was induced, and I was really 38w5d, but I measured around 36 weeks, maybe. So I don't think they are as close, but if I were you, I'd be really ready! :) Charlotte may grace you with her presence sooner than later!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had several u/s late in my pregnancy.  At 31 weeks, they estimated DD at 5lb 9 oz.  That is huge...95th percentile.  The trend continued for the rest of the time...and at 39 weeks she was estimated at 8lb 8 oz.  My abdomen and fundal height was ahead by two to three weeks for the whole third trimester.  They did not change my EDD and they allowed me to go a week beyond the EDD.  It wasn't until my BPPs started showing changes that they decided I needed an induction.  I was in labor when I showed up, and Miss Brenna was a peanut at 6lb 10 oz.  My placenta failed at the end, causing the BPP problems, so she might have been slightly larger and lost a little bit of weight.  BUT not enough to justify those inflated u/s estimates.  They told me repeatedly that she would be 9 lb or more.  I got the last laugh at their nonsense and got to enjoy having a very petite little girl.

You are so so close!   I am wishing you the best.  Enjoy those last weeks.  It won't be long and you will have that baby in your arms!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought they were 2-4 weeks off on my due date all along. But they confirmed it with an early u/s at 7 weeks, and refused to change it, even though I measured ahead throughout my pregnancy, usually 2 or 3 weeks. And my symptoms were always about 2 weeks ahead of where all the books & websites said I should be.

I ended up being induced due to toxemia, at 37 weeks (according to them).

I still think they had my due date wrong. DD developmentally is still 2-4 weeks ahead of schedule. My dad jokes that she's not advanced, she just came out at a month old.

Anyway, that's my experience. They refused to change my due date, because they said early ultrasounds are "extremely accurate". I disagree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"