Orange County Babies
Options

Daycare

Hi Ladies, I'm looking for a daycare for my son he just turned 7 months. We live in Aliso Viejo so if there's something close by that would be great. How much does daycare usually cost?

TIA Paris

Re: Daycare

• Options

We had our son in daycare (before I was laid off) and he went to Tutor Time in Newport Beach.  There is a Tutor Time in AV as well, but obviously since they're different locations, I can only attest to the NB one.  We really liked it and his "teachers" were awesome.  You could stop by whenever and how often you wanted.  You could also call and they would connect you to the teachers in his room.  Rates will differ depending on in-home daycare vs a center, but to watch an infant costs some $$!  Ours was a little over $300 a week.

I don't know if you also work in AV, but I chose a center close by my work instead of our house.  That way, if I ever needed to pick him up unexpectedly (which happened once a week the first few weeks, due to illness) it was nice he was close to me and I could go straight to the Dr if needed.  His daycare was off the 73 and his doctor is right off the 405, so it was convenient in that way (b/c we live close to PCH).  And if I ever wanted to stop by while I was at work, he was only a 4 minute car ride away.

HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

we use kindercare by us, unfortunately not the one in your area, and love the center.  i know that doesnt help you in location but we are extremely happy with how kindercare runs its centers.

we pay $207 per week.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have F in an in-home daycare near us but we're in HB. 
    We used the referral service through CHSC you can find them here.  They offer background checks for all licensed providers they refer. 
    We pay $205 for our 13mo old.

forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Options

I've checked out Kindercare in AV on Moulton - I'm still getting e-mails from them with openings, it is $311 for two days. Sorry not sure how much per day. I went in the afternoon (alone) and during the day (w/DH) for a tour. In the afternoon, it was really chaotic and messy - I was dissapointed and felt like crying. During the day was much better. The teachers had very good control of the kids. The infants were taking naps and I learned that they do accomadate with feeding schedules and any instructions you may have. You can drop by at anytime. They do not have online web cams.

I was much more impressed with Tutor Time on Avila (by Home Depot). Also visited day and afternoon. Both times it was clean and organized. I think I will be a very difficult mom - when I asked what laundry detergent they used to wash sheets, they were more than happy to share the info and more and did not make me feel uncomfortable for aking such things. I can go on on but I highly recommend you visit them. They had ome part time openings when I visited in February - I cannot remember the exact rates but it was more than Kindarcare.

Not sure if you want to go this far but there is another one - I will get the name for you - on Crown Valley and Niguel Road in LN. Much smaller but very friendly, clean, organized. Everytime DH and I drive by we always noticed the kids seem really happy when they are outside playing. The rate was $885 for 5 days, 8 hours, after that I remember it being really expensive if you went over (this was also in Feb). You could drop by anytime and did have live online feed.I will ge the name and number next time I drive by.

Hope this helps!

• Options

I checked out the same kindercare and tutor time that littlecorazon did. ?I liked them both.... but am leaning towards kindercare because of the way they do their "vacation pricing."

Tutor time makes you pay the full week of school, no matter what. ?Once you've had your child there x amount of time, they'll give you one week of vacation time (you can take your kid out w/o paying for the week), but otherwise you pay the full week no matter what.

Kindercare, makes you pay 1/2 the week's tuition if you dont have your kid there. ?Still sucks, but better than full price.

I'm a teacher, so I have lots of time off (winter break, spring break, etc) and it would suck to pay full price for those weeks where I am home with the baby.?

Let us know if you find anything in the AV area. ?I'm still on the hunt and would love to hear of anything you come across!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"