Philadelphia Babies

Shore rec

We want to go to the shore for a weekend.  It will be our first overnight trip with the babies.  Any ideas on which beaches/hotels would be best? TIA

Re: Shore rec

• i grew up staying Sea Isle City...its very family friendly.  Ocean City, NJ is dry so that might make it a little quieter (I think?) for little ones.  I don't have any specific hotel recommendations though

Cape May has tons of bed and breakfasts so that might a good option too...plus they are GORGEOUS....old victorian homes etc

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ocean City is excellent for a family! Plenty to do there and close enough to things like the Cape May Zoo for an afternoon out. Can't beat the boardwalk in Ocean City for long walks. There are not too many hotels in OC but I'm sure the website will help. We've been going for years and I have many neices and nephews. Now we get to take our little guy this year!

https://www.oceancityvacation.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a house in Cape May and out of all the shore points it is the most quiet and family friendly. The other shore point are little bit more about drinking. ?If you stay at Congress Hall Hotel you will be near everything like the beach, great little restaurants and the hotel has a great pool- making everything just a little bit easier for you. I am not sure about the rate but to have everything right there might make it worth it. From Philadelphia it takes us 1:20 mins on a good day. Leave before the traffic. If you want something cheaper The Victorian Motel (sounds bad but is not) is where a lot of people stay b/c of the reasonable price and location.
  • I don't know how old your baby is but I was just doing some research yesterday in the Avalon area - most of their hotels are near the beach, have a pool and a small kitchette setup so that may be helpful if you need to keep stuff in a fridge. Of course it is family friendly there but I think Ocean City has the most stuff to do b/c of the boardwalk.  Even though I am a true Sea Isle City person at heart but they really don't have hotels - If you are looking to rent a house for the week then any of the shore points are good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"