Cincinnati Babies
Options

Champ vs. Genie? (a little bit gross)

We just have a diaper pail in Katherine's room. ?With her humidifier going it gets pretty swampy in there and the smell gets to be horrid. ?So we have decided it is time to go to a different disposal system because we are emptying that thing all. the. time. ?I remember Diaper Genie being nearly impossible to use when my niece was young (13 years ago) but haven't tried it recently. ?Anyone have really strong feelings one way or the other about Diaper Genie or Diaper Champ? ?Obviously, smell is our main complaint here so the less stinky, the better! TIA
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Champ vs. Genie? (a little bit gross)

• Options
    We have a Diaper Champ.  We empty it twice a week, and really have never had an odor problem.  I do sprinkle baking soda or a cloth diaper borax/essential oil blend in the bottom of the pail and bag when I change it.  I love using regular bags in it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I forgot you can use regular bags in the Champ and need special ones for the Genie! Thanks!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Genie and empty it once a week.  No real order issues.  Like pp, when we change the bag, we do sprinkle stuff in the bottom to keep the odors at bay.  Unlike the Champ, you have to buy the Genie bags.  We don't mind it, but some do.  Since we only empty the container once a week, it normally takes between 4-6 weeks to go through a container of bags.
  • Options
    We just use plastic kroger/meijer bags.  Everytime we have a poopy diaper, we take it to the outside trash.  We were offered a genie, but opted not to use it. 
  • Options
    We used a Diaper Dekor until DS was 1.  We dump his #2 in the toilet, then take his diapers to a garbage can in the garage. 
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the First Years diaper pail and love it.  I have never smelled a thing!  It has a filter, and uses regular trash bags.  We change the bag when the bag is full.  The bag stinks when we take it out, but again, I have never smelled a thing, even when you open it to put a new diaper in.
  • Options
    We have the Diaper Genie Elite.  DH asked for it for Christmas. LOL!  It does use the special bags but we only go through one every month or so.  I love it because it has a foot pedal so you don't have to worry about opening the lid or anything.  It is great when you have a particularly messy one or if DD is squirming around. 
  • Options
    We have a champ because we wanted to be able to use regular bags.  I use baking soda in the bottom & we dump the #2 in the toilet.   It doesn't get smelly unless Brady had several really runny/nasty BM that we couldn't flush. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"