D.C. Area Babies
Options

Locations in NoVA for a shower?

A dear friend is throwing a baby shower for me but is having difficulty finding a place to have it.  We could probably do it at my house, but I'm not sure that is appropriate.  Any ideas for relatively inexpensive locations that would be good spots to have a baby shower?

Re: Locations in NoVA for a shower?

• Options
    Probably not convenient, but the upstairs at Amphora Bakery in Reston would be super cute. I think Teaism in DC also does showers.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

At one point my MIL had space reserved at three places -- Jaleo in Crystal City, Carlyle in Shirlington and Cap City Brewery in Shirlington -- while she was deciding where to have the shower.  Of those three, I think Cap City was the least expensive and may not have a food and beverage minimum for the party room, like a lot of restaurants would have (but I'm not 100% positive on that).  You might also try renting space through Parks and Rec in the local areas and bringing in food.  I know that Arlington has several spaces for rent, and I'm guessing that Alexandria and Fairfax County do, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you actually in DC?

If not, which direction are you in?

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecrazyDCbride:

Are you actually in DC?

If not, which direction are you in?

I am in NoVA... my friends are all over, so anywhere in NoVA will do.

• Options
    a club house would be a good option if there is one where you live.  or where a friend or family member lives.  i know burke centre has great ones..they may even rent to non residents, but youd have to check into that.  they are pretty reasonably cheap too.
  • Options
    the nice thing about having it at your place is you don't need to worry about moving gifts! I know some folks who did this...you just leave the house and come back to a house full of people!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"