Cincinnati Babies
Options

Apparently MIL thinks we're idiots

So I have a video of Baby C crawling on his blog. His major motivation for his first crawling session was C's beer bottle. He likes shiny things, as do most babies, so in the video he's crawling towards it.

OK, so maybe it's a little trashy (?), but does it really warrant a lecture to C about how we "better not give that baby beer!?"

That after the comment about how she can't believe her son would stoop to marry someone with such liberal political values. GMAFB!
Charlie 8.06.08
Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56

Re: Apparently MIL thinks we're idiots

• Options
    LOL at the lecture about not giving the baby beer.  Seriously? OMG. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hmmm so I'm guessing the Obama Mama onesie you had Baby C in around the election did not go over well. ;-)

Um, seriously??  She does not SERIOUSLY think you would give Baby Charlie beer, does she?  Or maybe she does?  I don't know your MIL but she sounds like she could be whackadoodle.

Please tell me she was born this way and that we're not going to inflict this kind of thing on our daughters-in-law.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should tell her that you gave Baby Charlie beer to get him to sleep through the night instead of having him do Ferber!  Wink  She sounds like a nut.  And the comment about the politcal views...man, you are a saint for having to deal with her and her crap. 
  • Options
    Wait, you mean you don't give C beer?  Am I the only one?  LMFAO!  That is too funny... and consequently probably something my MIL would try.
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Damn liberals thinking it's OK to give liquor to babies ... Wink

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options
    imagemrs.george2be04:

Hmmm so I'm guessing the Obama Mama onesie you had Baby C in around the election did not go over well. ;-)

Um, seriously??  She does not SERIOUSLY think you would give Baby Charlie beer, does she?  Or maybe she does?  I don't know your MIL but she sounds like she could be whackadoodle.

Please tell me she was born this way and that we're not going to inflict this kind of thing on our daughters-in-law.

I have to be honest, when I found out we were having a boy that's the first thing that crossed my mind. Holy crap, I hope I don't end up like her!

Thankfully C also thinks she's nutty and sticks up for me when she gets on a rant.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
  • Options
    It would be hard to take a comment like that seriously. Is she for real?
  • Options

imagecurlypie1:
    It would be hard to take a comment like that seriously. Is she for real?

I can only assume that she was serious, because that's all she called to say and she reminded C that alcohol is bad for brain development.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
  • Options
    Lawdy have mercy.
  • Options
    This is the same woman who curses me because Baby C goes to daycare - he's going to grow up to be a crack addict.

Oh, and a goth teen, because he has a dark wood crib & dresser.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
  • Options

Wow, she sounds like a real peach ;)

Just tell her that its only natural that Baby C should want beer now because you drank through your whole pregnancy and hang up on her the next time she calls. That will give her something to tell all her friends, hehe.

I cant believe that.

• Options
    imagemizbiz:

Just tell her that its only natural that Baby C should want beer now because you drank through your whole pregnancy and hang up on her the next time she calls. That will give her something to tell all her friends, hehe.

I cant believe that.

LMFAO! This is the best idea ever!

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
  • Options
    imagemizbiz:

Just tell her that its only natural that Baby C should want beer now because you drank through your whole pregnancy and hang up on her the next time she calls. 

OMG can I try this with my MIL too?  HA HA HA HA!

Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejerseygirl81:
    This is the same woman who curses me because Baby C goes to daycare - he's going to grow up to be a crack addict.

Heheheh...well my kiddo will be wearing black eyeliner and black nail polish with Baby C due to their evil dark wood cribs and dressers. :-)

• Options
    Yeah, "knowing" your MIL, this comment doesn't surprise me. She's such a loon.
  • Options
    She sounds like a piece of work.  I don't know how you keep the peace.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What a riot! Some people are crazy!
  • Options

imagejerseygirl81:

good lord she would hate me!  maybe i need to pay her a visit with my black nail polish!  kat can wear her "ozzy rules" shirt too!

• Options

imagejerseygirl81:

LMAO!!

• Options

imagejerseygirl81:

I just peed my pants a little - LOL!

• Options
    imagemizbiz:

I cant believe that.

LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"