3rd Trimester
Options

can you make me feel better- non reactive NST??

i ended up having to get a biophysical u/s.

she said the nst showed accelerations- just not 15 beats for 15 seconds like they like to see.   Things looked good - fluid was fine, but the baby really was not moving much. I asked if I should worry and she said no- but to call if the baby wasn't moving... and so i just didn't know what to make of it.

anyone else have a nonreactive NST?

EDD with #4  01-20-14
Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

Re: can you make me feel better- non reactive NST??

• Options

Listen, a good NST is a good sign.  A non-reassuring NST is meaningless.  It could mean the baby was daydreaming as much as it could mean anything was wrong.  If the ultrasound looked good, chances are excellent that your baby was having a lazy day and is perfectly fine.

Are you doing kick counts?

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

No, but I had the exact opposite problem!  I had an NST last week (failed), and they sent me for the biophysical profile... and he passed that with flying colors. 

At my NST, baby's HR was varying between 115 and 170, up and down, up and down, the whole time.  They said they wanted to see less dramatic "flatter" heart rate fluctuations.

As long as the biophysical profile was fine, don't worry.  Just continue your kick counts, and make sure to let your OB know if you notice decreased movement.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageiris427:

Listen, a good NST is a good sign.? A non-reassuring NST is meaningless.? It could mean the baby was daydreaming as much as it could mean anything was wrong.? If the ultrasound looked good, chances are excellent that your baby was having a lazy day and is perfectly fine.

Are you doing kick counts?

Ditto this. I had one done at 38 weeks. DD was just about to fail when the Dr came in and buzzed the crap out of her with a little alarm thingy so she ended up passing. She hadn't moved all day and that buzzer sure woke her up.

They did ask that I call again if it repeats but it didn't.?

Anyway, my point is, if they followed up on it and everything checks out fine, you should relax. I hope you have a non-eventful final stretch :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a terrible NST today!  She didn't move at all during the 1st hour (yes, the 1st hour...I was hooked up what seemed like forever).  During the 2nd hour, her heartrate started falling....not that she moved away and the machine lost her, but she went from a nice 145 thump-thump-thump-thump and slowly worked down to the 80's and I heard thump...........thump.................thump......................................thump..............

Then the alarms started going off and people ran in and hoisted me off the table.  They force-fed me juice and graham crackers.  They *think* she rolled over onto her cord and that's what caused the problem.  

During the last hour, she moved pretty good, so she passed.  My urine, however, showed I was dehydrated (I don't know how....I was sitting there guzzling water since I've been off the IV for a bit and just have the port in my arm in case I need it....guess I did!).  That could have been why she was sluggish.  I got some fluids and they sent me home.  

I go back Thursday for a repeat and I'm supposed to be diligent about the kick counts during the day.  I generally don't feel movement during the day because the girls keep me active, but I'm supposed to lay down every few hours and do the kick counts and call if I feel less movement.  

I'm not too worried....I trust that they know what's right.  I'm sure your doctor does, too.

• Options

thank you ladies. I just felt like every reassurance came with a but.....(insert something to completely counteract any reassurance given here.

non stress my butt- i found it very stressful

EDD with #4  01-20-14

• Options

thanks ladies- i am having a really hard time not freaking out.  I keep telling myself if something was looking off at all that I would be at the hospital, not home right now-  but it is so hard to not freak out when every word of reassurance from her, was counteracted by a "but..." statement that gave me something to worry about.

EDD with #4  01-20-14

• Options
    MKDeeMKDee member
    My little one had a non-reactive one when I was about 31.5 weeks.  At the time, my doctor said it was not uncommon for babies to "fail" an NST before 32 weeks, because the baby is still a little small to stay on the monitor the whole time.  I've had NSTs twice a week since, and haven't had a problem since that first one.  Since you're just over 32 weeks, I would imagine the same thing could apply to you!  Try not to worry too much! Like everyone else said, a non-reactive NST doesn't mean much by itself!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"