New York Babies

Private Hospital Rooms

Is it really 200 dollars an night? I am debating if it is worth it? Any feedback?

Re: Private Hospital Rooms

• At St. VIncents - now RUMC the whole maternity wing is BEAUTIFUL>>>> all the rooms are really nice..but the single ones are really nice... like hotel rooms.  At SIUH... I would take a single in a heartbeat.... I'd rather not offend anyone by stating what type of people you might get paired with, but my SIL's encounter at SIUH... she was  rude and obnoxious!  use your Imagination!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure what hospital you are delivering at, but the private rooms as NY Pres were $900 a night almost three years ago when I had my son. The private suites I believe were $1200 a night, maybe even $1500. It is absolutely outrageous. We ended up doing it for the last two nights and it was worth it. My husband was not allowed to stay the night or even use the bathroom in the shared room. $200 sounds like a steal!

Good luck!

Beth 

• Loading the player...
  • The private rooms at St. Luke's Roosevelt are $850 a night...so $200 is definitely a deal!
  • do it! ?great deal. ?it's over 500 at mt sinai. ?next baby...i'm doing it. ?worth it.
  • We didn't with the first kid - mainly because we didn't know that the only way to have the husband stay with you at night was to get a private room.

Totally regretted it when three hours after giving birth, the nurses kicked him out and I was left alone. That was a long night, and I was so happy to see him in the morning!

For kid #2, his staying with me was so not an option when we had a toddler at home, so we didn't bother. But my roommate was irritating! But it is definitely an expense that's hard to absorb when there's so many other expensive stuff happening!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"