Secondary IF
Options

Dental Fillings in TWW

So, this may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Please don't flame! I am scheduled on Tuesday for a couple of fillings, is it ok to do this in the two week wait? I didn't know if novacaine was a no-no. I assume not, that I can go about my regular business in the two week wait, but figured I'd see what you girls think. TIA!!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Dental Fillings in TWW

• Options
    I would just tell them you may be pregnant. I had a filling done in the first tri when I was pregnant with DS and I think they said they used something other than novacaine to numb it. But before the filling I called my OB and she said novacaine and fillings were fine when you were pregnant. But it is always best to let the dentist know before they do anything. No flames here, I think that is a good question!!!!
  • Options

Well I am getting a root canal in the 2ww, but its either that, or risk loosing that tooth, My dentist said even if I was already PG he would still do it because I need it so badly.

I am going to ask my RE about it, but I would also rather not loose my tooth ya know?

My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe call your RE and ask or even the dentist. Tell them that you could be pregnant. Maybe if it's not recommended to do while pregnant, then you can push off your appointment to be after your 2ww and then either cancel it if you are pregnant or go through with it if you're not. I think that's what I would do to be safe.?
  • Options
    I was told to wait until the 2nd tri and I have to bring a note from my OB and they do use something different to numb... I had this with my last pregnancy and now again am waiting until the second tri for my filling.
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    I think you'll get different answer from different dentists.  I just saw my dentist and scheduled some fillings.  He said if I was pg he would not want to put the fillings in.  DH and I are taking a short break from TTC and starting after my dental work :) 
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"