Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Going on 5 months and DS still sleeps in our room .. anybody else?

He sleeps in an arms reach cosleeper - a small one - and I'm making DH set up a bigger one this weekend (my sister gave it to me.  She gave me the mini too come to think of it!)   I am just not ready to move him into his room.  Any other big softies with me?  We all sleep fine - we're all pretty quiet (now!  DS used to be LOUD but sleeps much better and much more quietly than when he was younger.)  We have a big fan on in there for white noise too. 
Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

Re: Going on 5 months and DS still sleeps in our room .. anybody else?

• Options
    I moved DD a little before 4 months -- I think. I loved having her in our room but I think we were ruining her sleep! We had to be really careful when walking around and DH ALWAYS woke her up while getting ready in the morning. I will say I sometimes end up just letting her stay in bed with us after her 4-5 feeding because I am too lazy to take her back to her room.
  • Options
    DD still sleeps in our room.  I want to move her soon, but I'm scared because she's sleeping well and I LIKE SLEEP.  Also, I think I'll be a nervous wreck when she's down the hall....I always check on her throughout the night and I'm lazy and don't want to get out of bed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're not planning on moving DS until after the 4 month wakeful... so we'll be in the same position :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yep...we co-sleep. I love waking up next that smiling little face every day.  We all sleep great. The goal is to have her in her crib by 6 months.  I tried the pu/pd method which was a big fat fail. 
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is still in our room, and still in our bed. ?I kinda like her being right there so that I ?can check on her w/o getting out of bed, but at the same time I really want my bed back. ?She sleeps in a snugglenest sometimes (usually starts there). but then ends up waking up and thrashing around in it and being the lazy, sleep loving person that I am, pick her up and let her lay right next to me.?
  • Options
    Me in 1.5 months. I have no plans to move him, and he sleeps in our bed (gasp!). He's just so snuggly! We bought a lower and firmer mattress primarily because of DS. I love that he only wakes up once a night, and that I wake up to a restless, slightly fussy baby instead of one who is crying over the monitor and needs to be soothed back to sleep.
  • Options
    Us too. DS is still in his Arm's Reach cocoon sleeper next to my side of the bed. I think we are gonna try and move him this weekend. Honestly,  I think he will be fine, but I am gonna hate having to get up out of bed and walking down the hall to feed/soothe him 200 times a night!!
  • Options
    7 months.  he's in there at least half the night.  it's not fun & cuddly anymore because he beats me & pulls my hair in his sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"