Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Yep cuz I am a child abuser right...

Ok Teagan and one of the other girls in daycare were playing.  The other girl is also 2 so we get to see and deal with a lot of power struggles during the day.  Anyway A pushed Teagan down and she fell back and smashed her head.  I checked her out and she had a ginormous tumor like lump coming out of her head.  I freaked out and called my back up daycare who came right over and I took Teagan to the doctor.  They sent her for xrays, which they are supposed to call me back about soon. 

Anyway I called my mom and told her what happened and she was like, "I'm glad she's ok...they weren't questioning you were they?"  HUH??  I asked her what they would question me about and she said, "Well they didn't think you did this to Teagan did they?"  UM NO MOM.  What the he!! is that?!  I am so insulted!  I damn near flipped out on her.  I said, "Mom, I don't hurt my children, why on EARTH would they question me?"  Her reasoning?  It's their job.  Yeah Mom when there are justified reasons, yes that is their job, but for crying out loud she is 2 years old and fell down.  And if you ask Teagan, she will tell you exactly what happened.

Just another reason my mother and I don't get along.

Re: Yep cuz I am a child abuser right...

• Options

sounds like soemthing my mother would say. hence the reason we havent talked in over 2 years.

• Options
    Sorry to tell you but it is normal screening for then to question. I find it VERY odd they did not! They have to in the state of MD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Unfortunately(or maybe fortunately), you're mom's right. Our friends' little boy fell of the bed and hit his head last year, and they were given a really hard time about it at the ER. I think they have to, if there is any reason to suspect abuse. I mean, they don't know you.

DH lost track of Finn for like 30 seconds when he first started crawling, and he fell down the basement stairs and fractured his arm. I was totally prepared for a lot of questions at the hospital, but no one did anything other than tell me the stories about their kids falling down stairs and off changing tables.

• Options
    What a way to make you feel like ***!!  For the record, though, I do know of a lot of parents who get questioned when they take their kids to the ER, rather than their regular doctor.  It's sad, really.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJARbaby:
    Sorry to tell you but it is normal screening for then to question. I find it VERY odd they did not! They have to in the state of MD.

They asked me what happened and I told them (actually Teagan told them lol).  But the way my mother implied it...I wanted to just slap her.

When my mother meant question, she meant, did they think I had beat my child up.  She didn't mean it like, Oh did they ask you how it happened, what time, what I did afterwards, etc?  My mother is an idiot.

• Options

imagemason15:
    What a way to make you feel like ***!!  For the record, though, I do know of a lot of parents who get questioned when they take their kids to the ER, rather than their regular doctor.  It's sad, really.

Yeah and I did take her to her regular doctor...that's the thing.  I could totally understand it if I had taken her straight to the ER, but when I called the doctor's office they had me just bring her up there since they had availability.

• Options
    My DH was shocked the first time he encountered this. He took me to the emergency room due to a nasty internal infection and they separated us to ask me if I felt safe, how was my relationship, etc. I guess they don't do that where he is from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"