Birth Stories

A little girl, a little early,

Well, we just had my baby shower on Sunday 2-28-09, and we are due 4-2-09, then about 1:30am on 3-3-09 my water broke.

I got out of bed to pee, as all pregnant women have to do, but this was different. I would pee, then go back to bed and right away have to go again. So I called the Doc. Of course my Doc was not on call, so I got Dr. Stephens. He said to go to the hospital. So we did. When we got there it was about 2:00. They wheeled us to the L&D floor, and my favorite Nurse Mary was there, she taught our prenatal classes. She set us up in a room, and checked to see what was going on. Well, water broke, dialated only about 1cm, so it looked like it was going to be a long day.

Well it was a long day, nothing much happened at all, stayed at 1cm all day. Which actually we wanted seeing as we were a month away from our due date. Then at about 8:30pm  started to feel some discomfort and asked for some meds, they gave me stadol. I slept untill about 10:00pm, woke-up hurting so they checked me I was only at 3cm, nurses decided to give a little more pain meds, and I went back to sleep. Now at 11:30 pm I woke-up really hurting called the nurses and they came in checked me and I was at 10cm fully afaced and ready to go, no time for and other meds, just the stadol that I already had, they got the room ready, tried waiting for the Doc, but not time. Lalya Brook made her appearance at 12:02am 3-4-09 weighing in at 4lbs 13oz and 8ins long. The cord soo tightly around her neck the nurses ahd to cut it before she was all the way out. I got to see her for just a second before they took her to the nursery.  About that time the Doc got there just in time to stitch up the small tear.

The nurses were amazing. They took great care of me and my daughter. I do not know what would have happened if they were not there.

Layla now is a month out with 2 very slight issues that she will grow out of, and is about 6lbs and 19ins.

Re: A little girl, a little early,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"