Philadelphia Babies

New -NJ Girl

Hi ladies,

I wanted to say hello. I'm from Southern NJ.  I'm doing IVF on 4/24/09 (next Friday. I have two children from my first marriage. they are DS is (20) & DD is (17). I'm a full time student( on break for IVF). I'm studying Behavioral Science, but I've been a hair designer & make up artist for 20yrs.

I can't wait to get to you know ladies & cheer you on. I was brought here through www.theknot.com . I delivered my last child @virtua Voorhees, but looking for a new hospital this time. I also need a new ob/gyn in south jersy.  Well again , I hope to cheer you ladies on.

Re: New -NJ Girl

• good luck! keep us posted
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Hello and welcome!

I have an older child too (a 15 year old daughter). 

GL with your IVF!!

• Loading the player...
  • I used to live in the Cherry Hill area.  My best friend went to Cooper OBGYN.  She saw Dr. Ivacoli (who I also saw until I moved to PA)-she's a great OB, as are the other doctors there.  If you went there, you'd deliver at Cooper, which has a great maternity ward.  Good luck with the IVF!! : )
  • Thanks Ladies, Thanks for your welcomig post. I contaced an OB/GYN who is in swell (washinton twp.). I found out that they are the practice that is seen on the commercial for Kenndy Hosp.  That's not to far, but I don't know anyone who delivered at that hospital. Do you ladies know about that hosp. ? South jersey hosp. is new (vineland) they jave the new suites, tubs etc; Anyone know about these hosp., or good practices.  I think Cooper just opened a new wing too . not sure. I know they have a new building.  Ok well please let me know if you habe any thing that could be helpful. 

THANKS LADIES

• My OB/GYN is also in Sewell, but they deliver at Virtua. I don't know a lot about the Vineland Hospital, but I do know Elmer Hospital. It's a smaller hospital so all the rooms are birthing suites. They have the tubs for you to labor in. My friend had her baby there and it was very nice. The staff was very attentive and sensitive to the needs of a first time mommy.  The only reason I am not delivering there is that I am high risk. You could google Elmer Hospital, NJ and I am sure they have a list of OB's who practice there. My friend used Dr. O'Flynn and NMW Patty Madden out of  Mullica Hill. I hope this helps.
  • I go to Elmwood OB GYN in Woodbury, and I will deliver at Underwood. I've heard good things about Underwood's rooms and the nurses there.

I'm not really sure about Kennedy.

• misstew,

Thanks so much,for your advice & help.  I live close to the dr.'s office that you suggested. Are they in the new shopping center ( with the gym) or near shope rite ?  My girl friend lives in Philly , but is coming to elmer to deliver in a few week.  I recieved paper work from vineland hosp. (education dept.) for classes, today.  Are you going to deliver in NJ. ? I'm considered High risk also , and that's another reason for needing a new OB/ GYN. I'm 39 with multi. misscarriages.  They Ivf puts me up there also.

• Philly Girl1,

Hi there, your office is it near therofare ?  i think I've herd of it before.  Underwood did a make over on the emergency room, but did they re-do the maternity ward also ?  I have never been there before to visit the maternity ward.  I live very close to that area to . Congrats on your pregnancy !!!!! 

It's so nice to meet ladies who are in my area, and eiether TTC, OR ARE PREGNANT.  I belong to another site that is very active, but most of the ladies live far away.  So it's hard to relate to issues such as needing a dr.  Thanks so much again Ladies. 

• I'm not sure when/if they redid the maternity ward, but I know they have large rooms because I visited my friend there. We're actually going on the tour Saturday, so I could give you more info after that if you want to shoot me an email - ryanandtoni531 at gmail.com.

Elmwood is near Thorofare. It's actually West Deptford. It's right behind Booth Radiology on Kings Hwy. They're affiliated with PennCare. I also see the ATU Docs at Underwood (for high risk) and I've had good experiences there, too.

good luck with everything! 

• Philly Girl 16,  I sent you a post. thank you....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"