Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question about tummy time at 4w

When are you supposed to start tummy time? I was never actually told. I have tried it sometimes though, mostly just on my chest.

Well, I bought a play mat that plays music with the pressure of the baby laying on it. I've put her on it a few times for tummy time, and she just lays her head down! I think twice she picked up her head, but then she just turned it and layed it back down. Am I doing something wrong? Is there more to tummy time than just laying them on their tummies??

Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015

Re: Question about tummy time at 4w

• Options
    That's all I do. Sometimes I shake a toy in front of her and she'll kind of pick up her head to see it. Or I'll put her on her tummy on the boppy. She usually tries harder to pick up her head when she's on the boppy. I only leave her on there for like 2 min. max because she gets frustrated!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Oh, that was my other question: how long? She starts crying after like 3 minutes!
    Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's about all you can expect at that age. ?Just keeping putting her down, and eventually she'll get strong enough to push herself up, etc. ?DS hates tummy time - he still screams after a couple minutes. ?Pedi said to just do it until he gets frustrated. ?Try to set a goal of a certain number of total minutes each day (e.g. 10 or 15 mins).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My pedi said not to push it when they are that little. I'd call your pedi and ask how long she wants your LO to be on her tummy at this point. 3 mins seems like more than enough time to me at her age.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"