Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

someone tell me to stop being paranoid...

I'm leaving my lo tonight with my dad for a few hours becuase DH and I are going out for our monthly date haha.  

My younger sister (24) lives with my dad is going to be home as well and she is actually going to be watching him for a long period of time (20 min)  herslef until my dad gets home from work haha.  I'm sooooo paranoid.  I know she loves him more then life her self...but she's never had a baby so I'm just crazy paranoid.  She always handles him so gently and would never do anything stupid.

I've threatened my dad not to let him out of his sight tonight and I think i'm driving my whole family insane right now haha.

Someone tell me to stop being so paranoid, so I can enjoy my night!

I'm not the only one who acts like this right?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: someone tell me to stop being paranoid...

• Options

Stop being paranoid!!! LOL.....

I get nervous too so don't feel bad. My sister is 21 and she is a wonderful sitter. I bet your sis and dad will do great! I'm impressed that your dad wants to babysit though......My dad acts so awkward around newbies. It amazes me that he had 4 kids!

• Options
    I`m only 25, and I haven't hurt my baby yet.... I`m sure your sister will do fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow, calm down.  I'm sure your dad is more than capable of watching your lo for a few hours, he raised you and your sister, right?  And your sister is watching him for 20 min?  That's not a "long time" as you said.  She will be fine.  Someone who is 24 is probably just fine to watch your lo for a whole 20 min.  It'll be fine. We just had our fiirst date night Saturday and all was fine.  I called to check and see how he was between dinner and the comedy show and he was doing great.  Do that if you need to for peace of mind, then leave it at that.

• Options

I'm 25 and haven't damaged my DD, haha.

Your sister will be fine, don't worry.

• Options
    imageJessiRaye:

Stop being paranoid!!! LOL.....

I get nervous too so don't feel bad. My sister is 21 and she is a wonderful sitter. I bet your sis and dad will do great! I'm impressed that your dad wants to babysit though......My dad acts so awkward around newbies. It amazes me that he had 4 kids!

Aw :)  My dad is crazy about my little guy (it's the boy he always wanted haha).  It's funny becuase I didn't think he'd be all gun-ho about handling a newborn either, he's on cloud 9 everytime he holds him.

I guess I'll tryyyyyy to stop being so paranoid haha.

Is it easier with the second baby? lol (God I hope so)

• Options
    I'm only 26 lol...I was more just paranoid becasue she's never handled a baby.  I know..I'm nuts. 
  • Options

STOP.BEING.PARANOID.

:-)

• Options

i'm 24, DH is ::gasp:: 23 and our baby is still alive, your lo will be fine.

• Options
    go have fun. they will be totally fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"