Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone on Mirena?

If so what do you think? Im considering this. Did your insurance cover it?

Re: Anyone on Mirena?

• Options
    I just got mine a week ago and so far so good. My insurance did pay for it.
  • Options
    Got mine 2 weeks ago.  A little crampy with insertion, but ibuprofen helped that.  I've had some spotting since, but not too bad.  My insurance does cover it.  I like it so far-can't even tell that I have it in.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm glad I did it.  I've had it a week and a half.  I'm still spotting, but it seems to be getting lighter.  My insurance approved 100% of charges for insertion and removal. 

I love not having to take a pill each day, and it's going to save us a lot of money not having to pay a copay each month for BC pills.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had it since end of Jan. I just stopped bleeding last week. I still spot after sex though. Which apparently is normal. I hated it, but it is so much nicer than having to remember to take a pill daily. My insurance covered it all. Just call your insurance company and ask them to make sure. Because if they dont it is very pricey!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had it put in 8 weeks PP.  I spotted for a few days and then started bleeding moderately about 5 days after it was put in.  I bled for 9 days straight and then spotted for about another month.  Ever since that ended, it has been great!  I hate having to take a pill every day and loved being on the patch pre-babies but my insurance won't cover either of those.  It did, however, cover 100% of the costs of getting Mirena.  I just called my customer service # to make sure it was covered (as did my OB's office).

I have heard that if your ins. does not cover it, doctors tend to want the $$ up front.  They will resist doing payment plans on the procedure because they must have trouble collecting on them--you can't exactly reposses a Mirena...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"