Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you are a mom of 2 or more come in

I know this is a personal question, and you don't have to answer me if you don't want to...but do you think you will try to have another child?  DH and I were talking about this tonight and we definitely want a 3rd but we are undecided about WHEN.  We want a summer (preferrably July) baby, so that means we would have to get pregnant in October.  We are just not sure if we want to have this baby summer 2010 or 2011. 

If you are planning on going for another baby, when do you think you will try to get pregnant again?

Re: If you are a mom of 2 or more come in

• Options
    If I wasn't (ahem) of "advanced maternal age" I would consider a 3rd...but we are done, done, stick-a-fork-in-us, done. If I were to have another I would want them closer in age I think.
  • Options

imageBetter1/2:
    If I wasn't (ahem) of "advanced maternal age" I would consider a 3rd...but we are done, done, stick-a-fork-in-us, done. If I were to have another I would want them closer in age I think.

This is a huge reason why I am sort of wanting to try to get pregnant this October, because I will be 29 in November.  I want to have my kids out of the house before I am 60 ya know?  And I worry about the potential risks with being older and pregnant.  I know 30 isn't OLD, trust me I am not saying that, but I also know that my mom started going through menopause at 38.  THAT scares me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow 38...that's young for menopause! That would definitely weigh in on getting pg sooner rather than later. I know when I was at the end of this pg I knew it was going to be it...just was ready to have my body "back" and focus on raising my kids vs. having more. I came from a family of 5 of us so part of me is sad that my kids won't have the larger family...but that's just the way it's going to be!
  • Options

I was an only child, and while I loved that when I was older, I always wanted a sibling when I was younger.  I love that my girls are two years apart...hopefully they are close and don't want to kill each other.  I bet I will get some of each though.

Do you ever wish that maybe you would go for another one?  I know when we decide to be done, either DH will get a vasectomy or I will get my tubes tied (or maybe both of us will do it)....I think part of me will cry inside because I know that is so final.  I know that 3 kids is enough for us, financially, emotionally, etc...but I just don't know how I will feel when the time comes. Does that make sense??

• Options
    Yeah, we going to try for a 3rd. MH has always wanted another one. I've finally warmed up to the idea. As of right now, we are are not planning on TTC until this LO is at least 2 or 2.5 yo mostly because we don't want two in diapers. Plus, I don't want them too close anyway. My first two are 10 years apart, so even 2.5 to 3 years seems close to me.
  • Options

What I wish for is that I was 10yrs younger to consider a 3rd. Heck...5 yrs! I just know in my heart we are complete, and I almost feel like I would be pushing it to get pg again. Not that there would be something wrong w/ this one...but I've had 2 healthy pgs and babies and turning 40 this year I don't feel like I want to chance it. DH will be getting snipped prob in June when his work slows down. Yes it does feel so final, but right now feeling overwhelmed w/ 2 I'm at peace with it. It does make sense...there are many things I see as being final and it makes me sad...like when I stop BFing. It's been such a good experience for me and it's a special time that can't ever be duplicated in the same way.

Such is life though, huh! Each chapter ended is a new one beginning...

• Options
    Right now, we're still thinking we want three, but we'll have to so it soonish. I'm 35, DH is 38, so we don't exactly have all the time in the world. Probably we'll start trying when Clayton is a year.
  • Options
    we just had twins and m still really young, but i was thinking of trying again in3-4 years. i want time for the little guys to get bigger:)
  • Options
    We'd like to have one more but I think we'll wait a little while.  Our first two are 18 months apart and #2 and #3 are 20 months apart so right now we have 3 kids 3 and under.  I think I'd like to have a little bigger gap between #3 and (Lord willing) #4.  We'll see... 
    Kristi DS 12/05 DD 6/07 DD 3/09 DS 9/11 DS 9/11
  • Options
    Nope, we're done. We have a girl and a boy so we really feel complete (not to say we wouldn't feel complete had we had 2 of the same gender). I'm only 28 but I know two kids is my limit; DH would have been fine with 1 child but is happy with 2. He is even scheduling an appointment for a vasectomy to finalize everything.
    DD born 2007 & DS born 2008
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"