Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

a question from a first timer (expecting)

I just figured you guys would be able to help me out a little more being that you've gone through it already..

How much do you really bleed after?

and which pad's would you recommend?

before pregnancy.. when i used pads.. i used the always ultra thin.. but i have a filling i wont be using the thin ones right after.. so if you ladys would be so kind to refer me to some pads.. haha

thanks

Re: a question from a first timer (expecting)

• Options
    I like the old-school Always brand pads. ?I found they worked best. ?I`d buy a pack of the overnights and a pack of the regular?absorbency. ?Also, stock up on some panty liners too. ?I am still wearing them 4 weeks later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Everyone is different. The best recommendation for pads would be overnights with wings. As far as how much you bleed, that all depends on your body and how you end up giving birth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I bled for about a month (c-section)

I used the stayfree overnight pads. They worked great!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The first few days I used the ones from the hospital. After that regular pads worked fine for me.  I think I used the always thin or something. 
  • Options
    5 weeks for me. Started with the purple/navy pack of Always. They were like super duper overnight heavy duty steel reinforced, then I switched to the Always infinity overnights. They were super thin.
  • Options
    They will give you the monster diaper/pads in the hospital plus the beautiful mesh panties.  Ask for more-better safe than sorry.  Then get the overnight pads for at least the first week just to be sure you don't wreck your clothes and/or sheets.
  • Options
    I bled for fiv weeks. The hospital gives you some pads too. Its best to use non-scented large pads
  • Options

imagehtomeo:
    Everyone is different. The best recommendation for pads would be overnights with wings. As far as how much you bleed, that all depends on your body and how you end up giving birth.

This!  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I bled a lot for the first week, the first few days was crazy... but I was in the hospital most of the time (c-section), so it wasn't a big deal.  I liked kotex overnight in the beginning, they are the softest, then I went to Always overnight, to Always ultra thin, then to pantyliners.  I bled for like 6 weeks, which was definitely annoying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

The mesh panties are a life-saver. Do Not take your own! They will be ruined in no time.

Big, bulky, overnighters with wings are good for the first week or 2. Then maybe you can get some lighter ones, but everyone is different.

• Options
    Actually you can use the ultra thin ones, I did, but for me they had to be the ultra thin overnight with wings (Stayfree worked best for me)  Oh and I bled a ton for the first week and then after that it was just like a period. 
  • Options
    ditto all pp, but the always ones gave me a rash which never happened before i had DS. i know a couple other people had this issue too...the stayfree worked better for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"