Trouble TTC
Options

Do you think that the quality of clothing has gone downhill lately?

I specifically mean women's clothing, but if you have noticed that men's or children's clothing have gone downhill in quality as well, please share.

In my post regarding Old Navy, I mentioned that I have two ON cardigans from 2002 that are still wearable, and one of the other posters mentioned that ON clothing from that time frame seemed to keep their quality, but that she had recently purchased things from ON that seemed to wear out faster. In addition, I buy a lot of my clothes now online from LL Bean, and I often read the customer reviews before ordering things. I noted that for a bunch of the various items, customers would post things like, "I bought one of these exact polo shirts(or other item) ten years ago and it has still held its color and held up well, but I just purchased this same item a few weeks ago (or months ago) and it is already starting to wear out.)

Also, I have been very disgusted with the quality and construction of a lot of clothes that I try on when I go shopping. I am wondering if I am just more sensitive now to how well made an item of clothing is, or if things are much more poorly made now.

Re: Do you think that the quality of clothing has gone downhill lately?

• Options

The quality of clothing has definitley gone done in recent years.  I worked in the fashion industry for about 15 years before I moved to Albuquerque and I definitley agree with you.  Most apparel companies are trying to stay competitive with the fast fashion that is cheaply made...they figure if you don't have to pay too much for it, you won't mind when it wears out quickly.  The companies that have produced quality find themselves trying to keep up with companies such as H&M and forever21 who produce cheap goods at a cheap price.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"