Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

? about sleep positioners

I got one at my shower yesterday but didn't register for it.  I kind of think they seem silly since they are supposed to keep the baby in position but you are supposed to stop using them once they can roll over anyway.  So, here's my ?:  Should I just keep it and use it since I've got it already?  Or would you return it to get something else?

TIA

Re: ? about sleep positioners

• Options
    Are you planning to co sleep? If so, I'd keep it. If your baby is going to sleep in the bassinet or crib, I'd return it.
  • Options
    I didn't use one
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never used one and DS sleeps with me.
  • Options

I'd keep it just until your LO decides where they're sleeping.  We actually use one b/c DD likes to sleep on her side, but she usually ends up on her back by the morning.  It's kind of a habit I would't get into if you don't have to.

btw-that's kind of a random gift to give since you didn't register for it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wasn't actually planning to use one, but we are using it to help transition DD into her crib. She feels like someone is next to her even when we're not right there.
  • Options

It's one of those things you don't know if you're going to use until the baby is here. I did use it with DD to position her one either side slightly to put pressure off the back of her head...and I con't to use it when she was rolling; she was swaddled so it would keep her in place.

With DS we've had to use an incline positioner because of his reflux.

I do like them in general because you can just slightly have them on their side, without being completely on their side. Helps w/ the flat head factor.

• Options
    I didn't use one with DD1, but DD2 has reflux so we use it all the time.  I think it would have been nice to have with DD1 especially when she had a cold.
  • Options
    or you can just use rolled receiving blankets on either side of them and that works the exact same without costing anything. thats what we do and it works just great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"