Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

stranger anxiety.

The past couple of days dd has been screaming when anyone else even looks at her (besides myself & DH), including grandparents.  She went through this several weeks ago, then it stopped & now it's back. I'm confused as to why this is happening.  Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do?
someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: stranger anxiety.

• Options
    Seems a little early for it.. all you can really do is not force them to go to someone they don't want to obviously, and it is a phase, so it will pass.. normally it's more like around 9 mos or so when this starts, but she must be very aware of her surroundings.  Good luck. 
  • Options
    DD1 never had a problem with other people holding and looking at her, but DD2 is the complete opposite.  The physical therapist we see said most likely it's just too much stimulation for her (especially if it's close to feeding or nap time).  She said to have the other person to use a quiet voice or not talk at all and just sit with the baby, then once you see her relax then the person can "calmly" interact with the baby....I'm not sure if that makes sense, but good luck the PT said it should pass as the baby gets older. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Naturelle- I could have written your post!!  We went through this with DD a few weeks ago and it came back about 2 days ago, I see ou LO's are almost the same age too.  DD would cry with everyone including my mom (actually especially my mom!) when she was around 3 months old, it lasted a week maybe two then just stopped.  It kinda happened around the time of her 3 month growth spurt.

Now she is doing it again but not as bad so far.  Yesterday at Easter at the IL's she cried when she first saw people and then warmed up to them eventually.  Then when she started to get cranky because she was tired she started doing it again. 

I don't know what to do either and my DD will eventually be going to a babysitter so I am desperate to end it before then!

Good luck!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    By the way....I just saw that our LO's are EXACTLY the same age! Big Smile
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"