Detroit Babies

MoMs or High Risk OB patients

Sooo..we're having triplets!  My RE is not coming out and recommending anyone just yet, they want me to choose which hospital to deliver at first.

I want to choose a location with a NICU just in case these little turkeys decide to come too early.

We live in Hartland, which makes me think of going to UM since I'll likely be on bedrest and someplace closer to home would be more convenient.

Anyone use the U of M regular OB's in Brighton and the High Risk team in Ann Arbor?

My other thought is to go to RO Beaumont.  I work in Troy, so it would be really convenient to get a doctor close to work so I wouldn't have to use as much PTO for the appointments.  But then I'd have to do an hour drive if I was coming from home. I saw the post below about the high risk team there, it doesn't sound very pleasant and I'm assuming I'd have to see them more than once.

Any other suggestions or advice is much appreciated! We're on such a rollercoaster right now going from freaking out to being happy we're finally pregnant!

(I'm going to x-post this on the nest as well)

Re: MoMs or High Risk OB patients

• CMM05CMM05 member

Congrats x 3! I would ask your RE and OB for recs and then ask others on here for recs.

Personally, I'm not a Beaumont fan and I would definitely go to U of M or even Hutzel/Children's Hospital over Beaumont........but that is just my opinion.

GL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm a HUGE fan of RO Beaumont.  My water broke at 24 weeks and I was put on hospital bedrest.  I was at RO for 10 weeks.  Those women on antepartum took excellent care of me.  I would not have been able to stay pregnant as long as I did if I were anywhere else.  I love my doctor (Dr. Uckele).  He's high risk and works with another great doctor who delivers triplets all the time (Dr. Vlachos).  They took excellent care of my daughter in the nicu.  It is the only hospital I will go to. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there and congrats x3!! I don't usually post on this board but thought I would check it out - I have ID twin boys who were suspected Twin to Twin Transfusion. I went to a MFM at RO Beaumont and am eternally grateful to the teams there for all of their help and for giving me peace of mind from 18w until delivery at 35w. I had a great experience there.

Good luck to you!!

ps...come join us on the multiples board!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"