Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Eating Potpourri Dangerous?

Ugh...  I can't wait for this day to be over!  So my kiddo is being a PILL today.  In addition to throwing his poopy diaper face down on the floor he discovered a bowl of potpourri that I thought was out of reach and started eating it.  As I was fishing the pieces out of his mouth he bit my finger. 

Anyhow, is potpourri dangerous?  Do you think that I should call poison control?  I have no clue about this. 

TIA!!  

Re: Eating Potpourri Dangerous?

• Nevermind, I called poison control just to be safe.  They said that dried potpourri is not typically poisonous but it can irritate the mouth as if he had eaten some peppers.  They are going to call back in an hour to check on him.

I swear this kid will eat anything...  dog food, the dog's toys or bones (NASTY I know!).  Now potpourri.   

Note to self...  no more potpourri!  *sigh* 

• I know the feeling!  My son got into a reed difuser that I had on the table.  He was in his exersaucer and I thought it was out of reach.  Apparently not.  He was covered in it with his hands in his mouth.  I panicked and called 911.  They came and checked him out.  He was fine, but he and my house smelled of pumpkin spice for some time!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"