Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

? re discharge instructions

Says no driving for 2 weeks. Why is this? Dh and I are assuming its because they prescribed pain meds. I chose not to take them since I am in very little pain from csection. Any other ideas?

Re: ? re discharge instructions

• Options
    I don't know why, my guess would be the pain meds, I drove during that two weeks though,
  • Options

i didnt have a cesction, but read this is a common instruction -- something having to do with pain at the incision site and your ability to quickly react, e.g. sudden braking ...

but if you dont have any pain then this prb doesnt apply to you?  i would ask your ob first and tell them you arent using the meds 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told I could drive when I am able to put my foot down on the brake without any pain at all which is usually around 2 weeks although it could be longer since my incision opened.  :-(
  • Options
    When I was discharged the nurse said not to drive for a week I had a vaginal birth.  She said before driving in the garage practice slamming on the breaks to make sure you can do it because your still healing and may not move as fast as you should.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My ob said it has to do with blood clots.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I agree with PP, it has to do with your ability to react quickly and not hurt yourself. I remember the first time I drove after my c-section and I went to turn around to check the lane next to me, it stretched out that area near my incision. It hurt soooo bad, I thought I was going to split open(ok..that's an exaggeration.. but it hurt pretty bad).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"