Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

So after giving him the prune juice...when should I expect a poop?

DS is constipated (read: yesterday his poop was a thick paste...today it was like adult poop!).
Pedi instructed me to give him a Muralax(sp?) and prune juice concoction.  He just drank that a little bit ago and fell asleep.  How long until the next poop do you think?  Honestly I am sceered of it....is it going to be a major blow-out??Tongue Tied

Re: So after giving him the prune juice...when should I expect a poop?

• Options
    I gave DD some for her first bottle (around 6am) and she pooped by that afternoon.
  • Options

I did a 1/2 oz of prune juice once a few weeks ago when DD was constipated, and it was PSYCHOTIC - literally to the top of her onesie.

DD is actually going to be having a dose when she wakes up since she randomly didn't poop yesterday.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should expect something within 24 hours. When I gave it to DD she pooped about 2 hours after. Oh and I always have the bath ready Stick out tongue
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers,Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is scary. Be sure to have a towel under him at all times, or wrapped around him. And please report back ASAP, cause i'm dying to know how bad it is. 
  • Options
    I gave dd a suppository on Tuesday, I can't imagine how her body stored that much poop.  I would leave him in a onesie or just his diaper, it probably won't be long if he also drank muralax. 
  • Options
    oh Lord have mercy!   Now I'm terrified!!!  IndifferentSurpriseTongue TiedCryingIck!
  • Options

sorry, but it will end quickly, at least it did for dd, the whole episode took about 5 minutes. She was a very happy baby afterwards and returned to her normal sleep patterns. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"