Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

dd falling asleep after night feedings...

dd usually wakes up 2 times during the night to eat. the first time i put her back into her bassinet, once she falls back to sleep, and she awakes and fusses after about 20 minutes. i get her and calm her but she won't fully fall back to sleep for a while and then shes ready to eat again. her longest stretch of sleep comes after the 2nd feeding, but only if i keep her and let her sleep on me stomach, if i put her back in her bassinet-she wakes up after a bit. i really don't want to get into this routine..if i haven't already! any suggestions on how to get her to sleep in her bassinet longer-shes obviously tired since she'll sleep in me- and stay asleep--or do you think we should transition her to her room and crib? it was so nice to actually get sleep i let it go a few nights and am hoping it isn't a routine for her already! tia ladies  

Re: dd falling asleep after night feedings...

• Options
    We went through a week or two of this with the twins and I actually think it's pretty common.  We let them sleep on us and then they were over it and back to sleeping fine when not on us.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

i am not sure that you can create bad habits this early....i think you really have to do what you need to at this point. ?she may grow out of this in a week- sleep habits change daily at this point!

we had dd sleeping in the carseat for an entire week, because that is where she slept best. ?are you swaddling? ?some people swear by this. ?or what about putting her in her swing. ?the rocking motion may keep her asleep longer.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't think you are in much danger. She is so young and I went through the same thing for the first 2ish months. Our DD never did sleep in her bassinet. She just didn't like it. We have gradually moved her to her crib by just trying it for a little bit every night. It felt like we were messing up at the time, but she got used to being alone at night and trusting that we are there if she needs us and now she is sleeping great in her crib after just a few weeks.
  • Options
    thanks for the reassurance ladies! its so hard with your first as you never know whats right or what may start a bad sleeping pattern...even if its early to even have any schedules/patterns at this point ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"