Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Loving this age

I just need to AW that I feel like I just had the best day with DS today! He's getting to be so playful and interactive. Today we discovered a new game, called "mommy swings me upside down for a second and then lets me bounce back on the bed (on my back not my head of course, mommy is safe!). He just gets the biggest smiles and laughs - I mean he seriously shrieked with laughter while we were doing this!

The first few months with him I could never have imagined that it would ever be so fun. He was so incredibly fussy - he had reflux and feeding him was a battle, I was so tired, he cried allll the time. I was really worried that I just had a cranky baby and I just needed to learn how to deal with it. But now, he smiles at EVERYTHING, he is so happy!

Anyway, I just put him down to bed and was thinking about how much fun we had all day. This is mostly just for me to get some of my puppies and rainbows happiness out of my system before I burst Stick out tongue, but also for the moms who are still taking care of their brand new babies and wondering if it ever gets better (like I did). It does! Okay, that is all :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Loving this age

• Options
    That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!
  • Options

I totally agree!!  DD is about the same age as your LO and she's so much more fun than she used to be!  Those first 3 months were awful and I never thought I would get to where I am.

BTW congrats on the pregnancy!  I give you props!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I seriously just had the biggest smile just reading your post.
  • Options
    Thanks! And ITA, it's those first 3 months that are just killer! I'm glad that at least this time around I know that. I'm hoping that being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel will make the newborn phase easier to handle :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

That's wonderful!

I also love this age. I miss when he was tiny, but it's so fun to see him grow and develop a personality and laugh and play games.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I need to heard that because right now the tunnel is very dark and very long.
  • Options

I also agree that the 1st three months are very hard and it does get better after that. However, then it gets difficult in other ways. For example, during those first 3 months, I could put DS down (in bouncer, rocker, playmat) and go throw a load of wash in or go to the bathroom. Now, I can't do that anymore. He doesn't like to lay on the playmat anymore now that he can sit by himself. He also doesn't really like to be in the bouncer (only lasts for about a minute or so). The only place I can put him if I need to is in his crib if I turn on his rainforest soother, but sometimes it is a pain to run all the way upstairs to stick him in his crib so that I can do something quickly.

I know that the next time around I am going to try to appreciate those first 3 months more b/c time goes so fast.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing this! I cannot wait until DD interacts more, smiles and laughs.?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.BLG:

I know that the next time around I am going to try to appreciate those first 3 months more b/c time goes so fast.

That's a really good point, and something I also need to remember for next time. Thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"