Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

PSA: Getting gel from disposable diaper out of washer

Directions from very nice Pampers lady:

Gel is not toxic it's like the gel in gelcaps.

- Run the washer on the ust the rinse cycle once or twice. Most of the gel should break down on it's own.

- If there's any left use a hair dryer to dry the gel. This makes it easier to wipe out.

- Put the affected clothes in the dryer. This should dry out the gel and make it easier to shake off. Then wash the clothes again, like normal, without the diapers. (She did say that part, like I would put them in on purpose.)

Now, of course, DS woke up so I'll have to wait until his next nap to work on this. Smile

DS 5 years old
DD 2 years old
{Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PSA: Getting gel from disposable diaper out of washer

• Options
    Great PSA! ?Thanks! ?Sorry you gotta do that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love that she told you to wash without the diapers! Too funny.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL yeah, no diapers on that second wash!  Thanks for the tip, right?  Stick out tongue
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options

I love how she had to say to NOT to run the diapers through the wash AGAIN. =P

Thanks for the info!?

• Options
    I also read that to pour salt on the gel, then wait 30 min, wipe out, and run rinse.
    I give up trying to add my kids' photos. Just know that they are adorable.
  • Options
    Thanks for this! You never know when it might come in handy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"