Pregnant after a Loss

eating at Ruth's Chris steakhouse 2mrw nite...how "done"

should I order my steak.  we have a gift cert & it's been sitting around for like a year and a half now.  ideally i would have liked to use it when i can have a rare steak & big glass of wine, but i'm kind of sick of looking at it.  so we are taking dh's grandparents to dinner 2mrw.

i'll probably order surf & turf, but how done do u think i should get my steak?  do u think it's okay to only get "medium well"?  or should i just suck it up and get it "well"?

Re: eating at Ruth's Chris steakhouse 2mrw nite...how "done"

• I think medium well should be ok... but will it taste good to you?  I'm actually taking my husband to Morton's for his birthday in a couple of weeks and decided that I am not going to order steak -- I love a good medium rare steak, and would rather not spend mucho bucks on a steak cooked a way I don't even like it.... I think it will be salmon or chicken for me...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everyone says well is the way to go but I'm not going to lie I don't think I have ever had anything well done during pregnancy.. I usually go medium well. I told my doc this and she was like are you eating it like that everyday I said no..and she didn't seem concerned. Use your own judgement..but I'm prefectly fine eating medium well steaks once in awhile...
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think you have to eat it well done - we had filets last night and mine was medium - I can't eat it any more done than that, even that wasn't nearly as good as my usual medium rare. If I have to eat it anymore done than medium, I think I won't be eating steak for the next 9 months! Stick out tongue  Have a great dinner.
  • Don't ruin a good piece of meat (or insult the chef) by ordering well.  I've had a couple of medium steaks during this pg and thoroughly enjoyed them, guilt free.  This probably goes against all the baby books, but as a high-end chain Ruth's Chris is very concerned about lawsuits and is unlikely to serve anything possibly contaminated, and they have a high product turn-over.
  • THANK YOU LADIES!!  you made me feel MUCH better about dinner tomorrow!!!!

while i'd prefer medium, i'm okay w/ medium well. ; o )  SO excited now!

• I'm jealous.. I think you should take me instead.. I love that place!!
    Me 38, DH 34 Missed M/C 10/08 at 10 weeks DD born 8/09, TTC#2 since Jan 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, I got a nice medium steak a few weeks ago.  I hope that's ok, there is no way I'm eating it any more done than that.  I cook my burgers to medium well to well now because they are ground beef, but for a steak I think you are ok with medium well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"