Infertility
Options

# of follicles after 3 days of stims on IVF?

This is my first IVF and just wondering if I am on track.  I went in today after 3 nights of stims (300IU Follistim).  I had 7 follicles on my right between 4 and 8.0 and 4 on my left between 3.8 and 8.1.  Does this sound right?  I don't know my E2 yet.  The RE seemed to expect me to have a higher response based on my response to clomid and my AFC of 18.  Do they number of follicles increase after more nights of stims?

TIA!

Re: # of follicles after 3 days of stims on IVF?

• Options
    It is still very early on in the stimming process for you and you have a ways to go. I usually do not see much happening until the 3rd or 4th check. Keep in mind that you can also get a med increase to help things along as well.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

I think everyone is different. I had about 10 at that stage and I felt like that was low. They may change your meds, but things will increase over the next few days for sure.

Did the RE give you any indication of what they were expecting??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an AFC of around 30 initially and by day 3 I had ~20, all under 10.  My RE doesn't give measurements for anything under 10.  My count kept going up and down though until around day 6 of stims when everything really popped (I stimmed for 9 days, had 23 retrieved, 19 mature).  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  :)
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know the answer to your question, but just wanted to mention that I am also on day 4 of stims.  Looks like we are cycle buddies!  I only went in for bloodwork this morning, so I guess I will find out when my first u/s is when the nurse calls with instructions.  Good luck on your cycle!
  • Options

Hey girls

?

I too am on IVF #1 and I am on stim day so I thought I would share my numbers with you girls!!

After three days of stim I had 5 follies on right and 6 on left all ranging from 3 to 6. And estrogen at 52. Then I went in today after 7 days of stim and still had same amount but now were four at 11 and some 10s & 9s. Estrogen at 522.

I felt that I had a low quantity too but my doctor reassurred me that I was on track and would see a climb after a few more days of stims !! On my IUI I stimmed a great deal on days 9 - 11 !! So hang in there girls.

What are yalls projected ER dates??

?

• Options

My ER was originally projected for Tuesday, April 14th.  No word yet on whether it has changed.  Looks like there will be several of us that week.

Thanks for all of the info.  This IVF stuff makes me so nervous and crazy!

• Options
    I'm also on my 4th day of stims! My ER was also projected to be the 14th. How exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"