Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Newborn Hats and No Scratch Mittens

Are these needed? I got a ton from my shower last weekend, and I don't know if I should keep some or take them all back...

WDYT?

Re: Newborn Hats and No Scratch Mittens

• Options
    I needed mittens (maybe just a couple of pairs) because she would scratch herself. I've also used hats a couple of times, but if I had my baby now I doubt I'd use them b/c it is warmer weather (at least where I live).
  • Options
    We rarely used hats, but we definitely used the mittens.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I never used the mittens because we swaddle.

The hats I even used on my Summer baby with the a/c on everywhere you go. They lose most of their heat out of the heat.

• Options
    Oh, and my DD's hands had a tendency to get cold so I'd use the mittens to keep her hands warm too.
  • Options
    I liked having the hats. My favorite sleepers and gowns had fold-over mittens, so I never needed separate mittens.
  • Options
    we use both
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejay.otter:
    I liked having the hats. My favorite sleepers and gowns had fold-over mittens, so I never needed separate mittens.

Yes, these are great.

• Options

We've only been at this for one week, but we have not once used mittens.  I've been filing Wes' nails -- and also, the hospital staff scared us off them (choking hazard?).

As to the hats, we have not used those either. Again, the nurses told us after the first day no need and the pedi told us in our weather (we live in South Florida) socks and a Onesie were all he needed.  But maybe it depends where you live?

(We do put him in sleepers at night when it's a bit cooler inside our A/C'd apt.).

• Options
    DS has really big hands and feet- the nurse at the hospital even commented on his footprints...the mittens never really fit him well, because his hands were so big... As far as the hats- he was born 2 days before christmas, but we never really used them... but most of them came with outfits...the only one that I actually used- and I only used it like 2 times, was one my mom gave me that was my brothers- because it was plain white, he wore it with an outfit that did not come with a hat, but it was really cold and we were going to be outside some that day...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"