Cincinnati Babies
Options

Anyone's DH off work tomorrow...?

My DH would kill me if he knew I was posting this, but I figure it's worth a shot. DH took tomorrow off, he's a big baseball fan and we were planning on going to Opening Day together - but I've taken way too many days off for sick kids lately so I decided I should probably work. So he was just going to stay home and drink some beer and watch it on TV.

However, because of the crappy weather (and maybe the economy, who knows) he found out that he can get tickets for $30 - being the fan that he is, he can't resist. But it's too late for any of his friends to take the day off work, so right now he's planning on going by himself. I feel so bad for him! I wondered if maybe anyone else had a DH who didn't work tomorrow and might be want to go with him....? He's planning on making a day of it and going to Gameworks beforehand, but I'm sure he'd welcome the company at any point.

Re: Anyone's DH off work tomorrow...?

• Options
    You're right, he would kill you!   Wink   You are such a sweet wife, trying to make his day even better.  My DH is no big baseball fan or I'd suggest him in a minute......he might go for the Gameworks idea but would draw the line at going to the game, LOL.  I hope something works out for you!  What a bummer that you can't go.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    You are a sweet wife!  If my husband had the day off, he would love the  chance to go to game works and opening day.  That's his idea of a great day.  Unfortunately, he's working.  Hope it all works out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We're going to opening day, Mike also had some tickets fall into his lap and since his birthday is Tuesday, it's his birthday gift. I'd be a lot more excited if it weren't going to be so cold!  We both have things to do in the AM so we're just going to get there in time for the game.

I've found that some men don't mind going to sporting events alone.  I'd never go to a game by myself but Mike and my dad have both gone to basketball and baseball games solo and have no problem with it.  

image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    Yeah, Kristen, you're right, hence the fact that he's still planning on going. I can't imagine going to a game by myself! I just know he would have more fun with someone with him, especially at the bar. But no biggie!
  • Options
    My big concern...Who would share nachos with me if I went alone? Pizza
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    That so sweet of you. I know my DH has gone to games alone, and doesnt seem to mind....he'll strike up a conversation with anyone about sports. Hope he has fun!
  • Options

Mmmm nachos... thanks Kristen!

My DH used to be off Monday and work Tue-Fri, but now it's the opposite, he works Mon-Thur.  And he's totally the type that would hang out with a total stranger since it revolves around sports, lol.  Oh well.  I'm sure your DH will have a great time anyway!

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options

Aww Alison you are awesome for trying!  DH actually IS off tomorrow (he's on Spring Break) but he's also watching Logan all week.

I agree with the pp who said men don't seem to mind going to sporting events alone.  Hope he has a great time!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

We're going.  I'm on spring break and DH works from home most of the week.  He gets to make his own hours, so he's "off" tomorrow. 

Hope he finds someone!  I'm not exactly looking forward to the weather, but I think we'll survive. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"