Eco-Friendly Family
Options

My bamboo velour is rough...

I have 6 swaddlebees bamboo velour flats that have been in the rotation with 2 dozen chinese prefolds, 2 BG3.0s, 6 old fuzzibuns stuffed with bamboo velour doublers and thirsties doublers, 1 BG all in one organic, and 1 swaddlebees organic newborn fitted.

I wash everything together in my HE machine on "delicates" using the prewash setting, hot wash/cold rinse, and extra rinse. Crunchy Clean and OxyClean. 

A few weeks ago I mentioned to Lillian that my bamboo was getting really rough and she suggested vinegar in the fabric softener section, or a fabric softener like 7th generation if I was willing to sort out the BGs and fuzzibuns.  I've used the vinegar every time and once did the sorting out. 

They are less rough, but still so far from their old wonderfulness.

Have I ruined them? Are they just old?  Is there anything else I can do?  I'm only asking here and not following up with LC because I realize she's a little busy right now.

FWIW, the chinese prefolds are very soft and fluffy, and I'm even starting to love the BG AIO organic, it's getting softer over time.  And the vinegar + 7th generation really helped the fitted swaddlebee, just in time for it to be retired, sad to see it go.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My bamboo velour is rough...

• Options

My bamboozles were starting to get a bit rough so I started using Ecover fabric softener.  It has worked wonders.  I have enough natural fiber diapers (goodmamas, FooFoo, bamboozles, prefolds) that I can do a separate load reasonabley (sp?).  I haven't had any negatives with using Ecover on these diapers yet (and I'm hoping, not ever).

GL!

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options

You know, I think Lillian mentioned Ecover, too. I'll try that next.  I definitely have enough natural fabrics to justify doing them alone, I just don't really have enough of the others to justify doing them alone often enough.  But I'm working on that (see my other post tonight :) )

Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have enough "others" (pockets) to wash them separately - DS is in daycare 4 days a week and I send him with velcro pocket dipes for ease of use.  =)

For your other post, nighttime solutions are every changing for us so I'm not much help there!

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"