Cincinnati Babies
Options

2nd NBR: Dollar Stores near Fairfield Twp or Mason

OK, last NBR post tonight, I promise.

So, I need to find cheap poker chips to implement this token reward system for DSSs that I learned about in this Parenting ADHD class at Children's but I don't want to spend a fortune on nice poker chips for this.

Anyway, DH mentioned that a dollar store probably carries them but I haven't seen any since we moved up here. So, I was wondering if any of you might know where I could find some - cheap. I work in Mason, so that area would work too.

TIA!

Re: 2nd NBR: Dollar Stores near Fairfield Twp or Mason

• Options
    I think there's one on Fields Ertel across from Sams.  Can't remember though... 
  • Options
    Not a dollar store, but there's a card/party outlet store in bridgerwater falls. They might have something
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

davessweetpea - So far I think the class is helping. We don't really have problems with him when he is with us, but the psychologist says it is because he knows what to expect with us and he knows the rules because we are pretty structured. He has more trouble at school and defninitely at his mom's house. She has never been one to be consistent or would tell him something and if he ignores her long enough, she lets him do what he wants. So, the class has helped her a bunch and so anything that makes life better for the kids, I am all for. I want them to have consistency across both houses because I think they will behave better for her then. So, if we do it in conjunction with her, I think it will make them feel like they have to listen to her. I don't know if any of this is true or will work, but things were pretty bad at her house...egging the neighbors, kicking the screen out of his window and jumping out..I could go on and on. Oh, all these were in kindergarten and 1st grade. HIs teachers and other people say they are completely different children when they are with her. They have friends that aren't allowed to play with them when they are at her house - that is how bad it is. I feel sad when I call to set up a playdate and they feel the need to clarify that I am the stepmom before they will agree to the playdate.

How is your brother doing now? DSS is barely passing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"