Austin Babies

Update on friend's little boy, and cutest thing EVER!

Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts for William, my friend's little boy that was in the hospital over the weekend.  They managed to get him on a good insulin injection routine that mom and stepdad are comfortable with. They are looking into getting a pump for him going forward, since his pancreas has no hope of regaining any function.  It was at 2% when they first saw him, and did not improve at all unfortunately.  However, William was a trooper!  He was playing like normal and acting like nothing was wrong while I was at the hospital on Friday.  I think with a lot of dedication and mindfulness, he will be able to handle the reality of his condition well going forward.

Meanwhile, William's big sister Julie, who is almost 6, came to stay with DH and I for the weekend while mom and stepdad stayed with William at the hospital.  I had to work a lot of the weekend, so DH was the main entertainer...and he ROCKED IT!!  I was so proud of how well he handled Julie.  From Friday afternoon on, he drew pictures with her, built forts in the media room, talked with her for hours on our walkie talkies, took her to the park, watched movies with her, you name it!  On Sunday we took her to a carnival that was going on in our neighborhood park, and DH was so great about taking her to everything she wanted to see and do.  When she left Sunday afternoon to go back home, I asked if he was ready for her to leave and he said, "No, I really wanted her to stay longer.  We were going to fly kites. <insert slight pout here>"  SO freakin' cute!!

Anyway, just had to share how proud I was of DH.  I totally feel like we're going to rock this parenting thing. :)

Re: Update on friend's little boy, and cutest thing EVER!

• I'm so happy to hear that William is doing better, and you're right - they will be able to manage the insulin pump just fine as he grows up.  I know people who have grown up with one and their attitude is that "it's just a part of life" and it doesn't keep them from doing anything.

And Woo Hoo for your DH!!  You're right - you're going to be awesome parents - I can't wait!

• That is great news about William, and YAY for your DH rockin' the dad thing! I always thought men make good dad's for little kids because of their endless capacity for play time. :-)
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to school with someone who had been studying dance for years and was applying to be in a new york school/ company. She's had a pump since forever! It has never stood in her way.

Glad he's doing better and how cute is your hubby!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • that's great news! thanks for the update.

and ditto the pump, my cousin has had one since she was little. they are SO small these days, it looks like a pager in her back pocket. 

ETA: Uugh- I just totally dated myself. That should say, it looks like a cell phone in her back pocket. Embarrassed

• Yay for William!  What a trooper!

"No, I really wanted her to stay longer.  We were going to fly kites." - OMG that is the sweetest thing ever.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad he's doing well.?

I was wondering what A was talking about when he said "K can't go with me, he's babysitting." I was pretty confused. Glad he rocked it! You guys will be great!!!??

• Yay! So glad to hear that William is such a trooper!

And ditto to the pp you and the hubby are going to make such good parents.

• I'm glad your friend's son is ok.  It does sound like your DH is ready to be a dad!  Yay!  :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"