TTC After a Loss
Options

If I ever get KU again...

I promise that I will continue to be a well-rounded person with varied interests and that my Facebook statuses will not exclusively revolve around the topic of pregnancy...pregnancy symptoms, ailments, doctor's appointments, bodily functions, naming quandries, nursery decor, baby gear, etc. Sheesh!

P.S. Sorry for the random bitterness. I feel much better now :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If I ever get KU again...

• Options

Ugh I second you on that one!!!

That is the exact reason that I marked one of my pg friends as "see less of" the other day. It was just too much of a reminder.... and part of the reason that FB kind of gets on my nerves sometimes!

• Options
    exacto!  i had to back away from FB and myspace for these exact reasons.  i was so tired of seeing everyone else get KU i was starting to have really bad thoughts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I didn't know you could "see less of" someone. I will have to try that. I hate to admit I was seriously considering deleting someone the other day cause I was so irritated. It makes me feel childish and petty to feel upset by sentences about someone's pregnancy, but I still feel like I need to protect myself emotionally sometimes.
  • Options
    cour- I totally  understand how you feel.  I hate fb.  I have a friend (well, we wouldnt hang out in real life- I dunno why I haven't deleted her) and she posts a new belly picture every day.... EVERY DAY!  Is that nessisiary?  How does this 'see less of' button work?
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, it is totally possible!!

When you see the person's fb update when you put your cursor over it a little X will appear to the right side, if you click it, it will make their updates stop appearing on your page!!!!

Try it out, it has totally saved my sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    cour- I totally  understand how you feel.  I hate fb.  I have a friend (well, we wouldnt hang out in real life- I dunno why I haven't deleted her) and she posts a new belly picture every day.... EVERY DAY!  Is that nessisiary?  How does this 'see less of' button work?

EVERY DAY?? Sweet Jesus! I know this girl, a friend of a friend, who has the most ridiculous pregnancy blog. The stuff she complains about and says drives me crazy....like how it took her SO LONG to get "prego" (5 months) and how she doesn't know how she will finish college with a newborn to take care of (perhaps something that could have been considered BEFORE getting KU on purpose??). She doesn't work, and the highlight of her month is when she gets to go to a doctor's appointment.....I mean it is seriously the highlight of her entire MONTH, and not necessarily because she gets to see her baby or anything, but because it "gives her something to do." I mean, come on!

• Options
    see less of? you have changed my whole world. thank you!
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options
    I totally know what you mean.  You must look at this blog: https://stfuparents.tumblr.com/ it is about this exact subject.  It's hilarious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"